Bad Beach Point cruiser crash (fenders again)

T

TWalker

A girl went over the handlebars when the front fender mount vibrated loose and broke the bracket.

Head injury and road rash. Big knot on her forehead. This has been discussed before for all you moondoggers and beach cruisers.

This is a dangerous situation and times like these make me want to leave these engines in the past. One day I think the shifter kits makes them worthwhile then the next soemthing like this makes me want to forget em and move onto Japanese engines exclusively.

Or one could reinforce the fenders or remove them altogether. This is a well known issue. I would not use standard fenders and mounts with my Honda engine.

Or one could reinforce the fenders or remove them altogether. This is a well known issue. I would not use standard fenders and mounts with my Honda engine.

I agree you can that but I guess I'm coming more from a builder/seller viewpoint. I cannot sell many bikes like that and not expect major repercussions.

As a hobbyist or for my transport, I still use em on my own bikes but I know whats up with it.

I have practically 0 vibration issues or frame problems on japanese builds, not that one couldn't have a front end go bad, i just dont see it as likely as when using a chingen.

Back