Bad clutch on 4 stroke HS stage 111 trans.

thunderbolt

Local time
11:01 AM
Hi from Arizona where everyday is a great day to ride and the sun only shines here on bikers!!! I recently purchased a Grubie 4 stroke 142f HS engine kit with stage 111 trans. with the 5/8 straight shaft crank. It was a damaged kit that the original purchaser could not make work. Bolts and hardware was missing so it took 2 days to mount it to my new 26" cruiser. I gotta tell ya, it runs sooo sweet. My dad and cousin helped, ( they did all the brains stuff ) and now a week later it runs great! In Aug. 2010 I built an 80cc 2 stroke I purchased from BikeBerry and it was a great quality kit. I killed it because a loose drive chain ate a hole in the back of the case and the engine siezed. I'm gonna fix it but the new kit was such a good deal (Less than half price) I couldn't pass, plus I had the new bike. This 4 stroke engine runs great, love the pull start and no oil mess and all the power to take off, also it is fast. But the centrifigal clutch is really weak. it's loose and noisy, (junk) and it ain't gonna last. My question is does BikeBerry carry a better clutch for the 5/8 straight shaft? The Oillite bushing in the bell seems to be the problem because it's already worn. Can I get a better set up and which should I buy? It is so loose it rubs on the back of the big gear! Any help would be appricated. Thanks for this fourm guys, great help!

Welcome on your first post on MBc, Thunderbolt. Now that you have introduced yourself, be sure to read all you can, including the 'Stickies'. They contain a lot of information. For example, Sticky #1 under ‘Introduce Yourself’ has 20 or so links to “How To…” threads, and important pages for you to follow. Sticky # 3 has info on forums, how you are expected to conduct yourself, and where you might find and use various features. But, read all of them, and be sure to use the search feature.

However, I think your question would be best addressed to BikeBerry directly. If they don't give you any satisfaction, post it in our 4-Stroke Forum...this is merely the place to introduce yourself...K? Good Luck.

Patrick

Last edited:
Back