Bad Vibration Not Good Vibrations.Lol

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by john morrow, Sep 20, 2016.

1. john morrow

john morrow Member

IMG_20160914_155442~2.jpg Any advice on how to minimize vibration would be helpful..

2. zippinaround

zippinaround Active Member

Try jags spoke test , hold something long and thin against the engine like a spoke slowly rev up and watch for the spoke shaking but my guess is you will have to balance the crank

3. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

motor mounts are the usual cause of vibration - if rubber is used there, it will shake itself apart

4. john morrow

john morrow Member

You are right about rubber I would never use it. I read about people using leather, anyone have any thoughts?

5. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

these engines are designed with multiple problems to limit speed so they can be approved by more governments.
    You have to take the crank out and balance it. see www.dragonfly75.com/motorbike/vibes.html

6. zippinaround

zippinaround Active Member

Best used a hard mount rubber , leather or anything softer then the engine won't work.

7. john morrow

john morrow Member

Thanks Jag for all the info I will let you know how it turns out.

8. crassius

I like to use a piece of PVC on rear mount, and if needed, some as spacers on front mount. It settles in pretty quickly. I've used leather and it is good, but it needs a lot of tightening over time as it compresses into a good seat.

Sometimes moving the rear mount up or down just 1.4 inch can make a diff in vibration, and note also that if it is 4-stroking a lot before it runs in that can make is seem much less smooth.

9. john morrow

john morrow Member

Are you talking about using PVC pipe? Please explain how you use PVC?

10. crassius

cut it so that it is in "C" section and put it between frame and rear mount - it will squeeze down to make perfect fit

a pic of how mounts look would be nice