bamabikeguy - You will be missed... R.I.P.

That is just terrible news. Indeed prayers for his family.

He rides on to a better place.

A great loss for motor assisted bike riders in particular, and the world in general. He demonstrated the practicality of living well on a limited budget.

RIP Bama

At least we now know that there will be motored bikes in Heaven.

RIP Paul you will be missed but not forgotten.

i don't have anything else to say than what ive already said 'next door':

bama had a very interesting demeanor. ive "known" him for years and sometimes it was hard to tell if he has being serious or just spinnin' a yarn.
nonetheless, he had a way with words and his posts, if not particularly helpful given the subject matter (liked the pranks) were always interesting.

Wakan Tanka is watching over him.

un zayina ocoze, toseka wicate
(be well and warm, in spite of death)

Last edited:
i can't get all flowery

y'all will have to deal with some public grief beyond epitaph, please...it turns out i didn't even know how much paul's presence meant to me, ok? not forums or mb's, directly...but about the inspiration he provided many of us, whether up-front or out his tail pipe it always made sense, he inspired you in your own way, me in my own way, we all had roles to play...and a lot of good stuff got done, end of story.

i always knew where i stood with Paul...we all know how rare that is...doggone it bamabikeguy was my friend. and now i miss him. and i'm saying so. i didn't exactly need to see anything new from him that often, i got used to his style, but here's the deal: this morning i had a good cry with my coffee because this time i KNEW there wouldn't be a new bama-post.

a link "for paul" will remain in my sig, it's not drama, it's all i have left to give the guy in return for everything he's done for me. i'll settle down and find a nicer one, i'd like to use mabman's comment, with permission of course...

At least we now know that there will be motored bikes in Heaven.

Last edited:
Didn't know Paul for long, but he helped me enormously when I got here, as he's done for hundreds of others.
He'll be missed here and MBc won't quite be the same any more.

... Steve

HOLLY POND - Paul Crabtree​

A memorial mass for Paul Crabtree, 53, of Holly Pond will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 27, 2010, at Sacred Heart Convent Chapel, Father Marcus Voss officiating.

Holly Pond Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.

Mr. Crabtree died Tuesday, Feb. 23, at Cullman Regional Medical Center. He was born in San José, Calif., to Billy Ray Crabtree Sr. and Josephine L. Bloggs Crabtree. He was a farmer and a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church. After attending Sacred Heart College, he earned a bachelor's degree at St. Bernard College.

He was preceded in death by his father.

Survivors include his mother; a son, Joseph Crabtree; a daughter, Jessica Crabtree; a brother and sister-in-law, Billy and Karen Crabtree; a niece, Catherine Crabtree; a nephew, LCPL Michael Crabtree; special friends, the sisters of Sacred Heart; numerous friends in the Union Grove community; friends from Sacred Heart College and St. Bernard College; and a grandchild.

http://www.cullmantimes.com/obituaries/x1834678216/Paul-Crabtree

Last edited by a moderator:
Back