ban all vendors

B

beach cruzin

If this place is going to live u all should ban those chinese smugling buy my
80cc kit venders,Let them pimp themselfs somewere or else it will ruin the movemnt..they are a bunch of crooks and i don't want them in my back yard.

could'nt there be a donataion box or somthing to help pay for web fees and such? I'm sure there are lot of peps here that would rather see that than a vendor ***** fest:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually you do bring up a valid point. There are literally THOUSANDS of Happy Time users out there we haven't heard of that has destroyed their little engines because they couldn't comprehend the extra care these engines need. We live in a society where we lease cars for a few years then get a new one. WE take our cars to get an oil change instead of doing it yourself. If were gonna seriously grow we need to be able to buy an engine that can go thru punishing testing and desert driving bla bla bla like the way car companies have these proving grounds and at the end of the day the little bugger is still chugging away.
Just as there is many that cherish this sport and this engine there are just as many if not more that believe this engine is the biggest piece of junk you can ever waste your money on because they ran it full throttle down a steep hill to see how fast they can go #$%*&^@#$!@$ $%$#$%^&^$# *&^&*#$%!
If were gonna grow as a motorsport,we need to get out of the "Kit Car" phase and start producing ground pounding proven engines with some beef in the cylinder walls and long life and 50 to 1 ratio 2 strokes something most Americans can relate to their chainsaws and weed wackers that also incidentally give up after a year due to their owners,and essentially build an engine that you can beat and won't quit.
And that can't happen cause most won't spend a lot of money to a bicycle.
And when gas goes ridiculously higher even if car companies finally get it and build the PERFECT little engine for our bicycles with tax and shipping and bla bla bla you're gonna need to take out a loan to get one of these and by then you may just as well get a motorcycle.

If anyone can answer this please do. Why is it when I go to the local flea market there are so many vendors out there selling chineese ATV's,scooters and minibikes but not a single soul with a Happy Time engine?
How come the Happy Time is illegal but these other 2 stroke chineese engines aren't?

If i had found an american built engine for our bikes i would have bought one, the problem is half the things everybody has america doesn't make, i know we make very few atv's in the states but how comes there isnt an all american 4 wheeler, or dirtbike? Because we have a society that is half decent, over in china you got poor families selling there kids so they can work for 2 cents and hour.
So theres no way in heck we can match there workforce, its kinda sickening knowing back in the day we went to war with these same countries then rebuilt there country only to have them bring there cheap products here and mop the floor with us.
I just cant imagine how we let most of the steel industry leave so we have less jobs but a little cheaper steel.Leaving people like my dad with a job that in 60years will be done by Pang.
So i hated the idea of supporting those people, but like everybody says most of us are broke or need a cheap way to get to work.
But to get back on topic i dont think we should ban all the vendors just ones that have a bad rep or sells a very crappy product, is there any u.s. built (happy time) engines for our bikes?Those are the vendors we should have.

There's a rumor going around that an American company is looking into a frame mount 2 stroke. I would like to see how that goes.
While eating dinner,I had this thought.
Do you ever see that Tobacco commercial when these guys do something kinda ridiculous and then the people that walk by has that little * that pops up above their head showing us that they get the message?
Well every time I ride my Happy Time by shopping centers and grocery stores you're not gonna believe me I don't care but I suddenly see that * above some people's heads.
That would mean that they get it too.
So let's say someone buys a Happy Time cause they saw you riding one and they enjoy it and they want more and more.
Just like....I want more and more.
Down the road I want a rack mount for my Schwinn. I can go with our vendor that built his own carrier here or I can go with our other vendor that has their engine and carrier American made.
The American made motor is more expensive but it's been proven. The other one is cheaper by a whole Happy Time kit for crying out loud.
But there you are. You have a choice.
But here's the whole idea behine this post.
If the Happy Time engine never became so affordable,I would never ever would even think of spending extra money on a more expensive kit. I wouldn't have a motoredbike.
So with that and the vast amount of members here running Happy Times,you cannot deny that the Happy Time has gotten most of us thru this prestigious door.
One day,if America builds a bulletproof frame mount,I'm all over it.
But the Happy Time deserves something here.

In my opinion "Time" is slowly changing the market and what the vendors will be selling. Ive been paying attn for the last 3 years of the types of engines that people are installing. HT's will soon be taking a back seat in a year or two. With the new gear boxes coming out, 2 and 4 strokes advancing. Technology in rear mount kits etc, etc. If things keep advancing at the pace they are, in the near future we will be able to install a 4 stroke 4 speed automatic that will be trouble free for 50,000 miles for $400.00

This is the purpose of this MBc site. We are the pioneers of technology for the future of motoredbiking. We all bounce ideas off each other and share our findings. We tinker and think of new ideas in our homes and come back to the MBc shop and get our team involved.

Everyone who owns a HT motor is always dreaming of the next level. What's a better setup for close to the same money for my next bike? We need the HappyT's for training materials. Cheap, and lets the beginner get their feet wet experimenting. Yes, it stinkes about how the come into the country. Yes, we are tring to make them extinct by experimenting on them. 4 years from now the "newbies" to motoredbiking wont even know what a HappyTime is. "Advancement in technology from OUR ideas" is the HT,s destin fate.

Last edited:
"the "newbies" to motoredbiking wont even know what a HappyTime is".......i agree,it'll be like............u young ppl of today,when i had a HT the winters were twice as cold and the summers were twice as hot. :)

and it was all uphill and the bikes had no wheels :p.

i think the best way this movement will spread is through the environmental argument. Maybe some people look at gas prices and their minds turn to a solution, but most probably just curse and then fill 'er up. Once the 4 strokes are fully in swing, with a reliable in frame mount and gear box, we could go to the environmentalist movement and say look, we have a viable, bolt on alternative (that isn't public transpo) to the one-person automobile/motorbike ride. It is hundreds of times more efficient and uses existing infrastructure to drastically reduce pollution. And it's hella fun and cheap! If a major environmentalist lobbying group could be convinced we could probably get somewhere. That's the kind of support that would change things. A bunch of impulse buying hobbiests, even if we are dedicated and right, can't change things directly, because we aren't the kind of people that spend all day at political rallies calling and bribing the right people; we spend our days tinkering with our bikes. If we want to actively spread the movement, not just support it like our child and watch it grow, we need to talk to the people who control other people.
I think it will come... just give it a few more years. Eventually it will become in fashion to own one of these engines, if only to avoid gas costs. If Obama gets elected it might come sooner, when/if he gives the finger to the oil companies as he has promised.

Imagine if we had a quality NA engine to tune and produce aftermarket parts for. We could have a thread called "MPG"! Instead of tuning for speed, we could all be tuning for efficiency and engine lifespan!

If someone, somewhere, somehow does start producing NA engines, it will become our duty to support and cherish said company. If it happens, it CANNOT be a failure, even if we all have to buy 10 new engines each. Just get some more bikes, and then get some more friends, and bam, you'd have gotten us some new members too :p.

The Chinese 2-stroke is sort of a "gateway engine" leading me into the world of motoredbiking. It has over 2k miles and still runs like a charm so I haven't had the need to upgrade. If it weren't for this engine, there wouldn't be any motoredbikes.com!

Here's a picture of my Schwinn Ruler I bought a while back at Costco. It's collected some dust for I ride Moop much more. In fact I rode it the other day only a block and got tired. I'm pretty spoiled now.
Anyway,because I'm poor,I'm going with Duane's Titan in the next month. That puppy is going on this thing.
Schwinn when I was growing up has always I had thought anyway been an American bicycle company. Something has changed this.
Look at picture 2. Sorry it's blurry.
It says "Made In CHINA."

:(

So seriously. If a huge company like Schwinn can sell out,How can the rest of us in a sense not?

Attachments

• Ruler.jpg
    Ruler.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 279
  • 100_0779 copy.JPG
    100_0779 copy.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 263
Back