"barn fresh"

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by antique-rider, Mar 15, 2007.

1. OK guys here's my latest creation. I still need to add a few finishing touches, I call it a "rustoration". [​IMG]

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

isn't it kinda loud with that short exhaust?
  3. azbill

azbill Active Member

rims are more bent than I am haha :D
  4. Tom

Tom Active Member

Wow that is so wicked. Looks like something from a horror film. Soo cool.
  5. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

You never cease to suprise and amaze me with the stuff you come up with.
    So what is it? I really need names, dates, facts, & figures...
    What are your plans?
    I must admit, that as much as I admire your stuff, your skills ( patience being the most admiring of those skills!), and your attention to detail, I am a bit jealous as well! :lol:
    If ya' need anything that I may be able to help out with, just let me know...
  6. Torques

Torques Guest

Holy God, is that real or a joke?
  7. I wouldn't try going over like 15 mph without tires :shock:
  8. Well the engine and the bike are real. There is an early bike motor by the name of Steffey. When I say early I mean 1902 to the late teens. this engine is identical to the Steffey, but also were installed on a garden tractor by the name of Sprywheel. Some guys are restoring bikes with these engines and calling them Steffey. So just for fun I put my engine in the frame, which is from about 1890, and other unrestorable pieces like the rusted out tank, etc. The fad these days is to have the original "patina" which in my case is rust. So its half real and half art.
  9. Here's a "restored" one [​IMG]
  10. Tom

Tom Active Member

damn, that exhaust is sure close to where your knee would be

sick ride though. so classic.
  11. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

That's great stuff! That is great original patina by the way...:lol:
    You know, we really need a space to display all our cool old stuff... 8)
  12. Simply wonderful, shes very early indeed. They've got a really weird carb/mixer.
  13. psuggmog

psuggmog Guest

I'd love to find one like this to put back on the road. I've got a 1888 vintage frame but no motor for it yet.
  14. Torques

Torques Guest

My God man! :shock:
  15. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Aw man,
    I ain't got nothin' cool...
    You guys are sooooo lucky...
  16. pedal4416

pedal4416 New Member

the restored bike is one of my restorations. im looking for another similar engine for a future project if anyone has one.
  17. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Wow! That is a real beauty! I really like the laced chain guard, as that's the first I've seen.
  18. echotraveler

echotraveler Member

you guys, awosome old bikeS!!!
  19. fm2200

fm2200 Member

they should make that bike, with that blast from the past engine, turn of the century look. That would surely blow every ones mind if you went to town on that, wow