Basically a 1/2 MotoBike

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by raceryan, Feb 26, 2008.

1. raceryan

raceryan New Member

Hello;

I am new to the forum and I have a ? for any of you old heads... I was wondering if any of you know of a bike similar to this:
    http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/1994/leopardlgc8.th.jpg

However, it would have multiple speeds?
    Also, if I purchased a four stroke engine kit (cogs, etc.),
    http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3263/4strokebicycleenginekitqr7.th.jpg
    and then an engine a bit larger than 49cc 4 stroke -like a minibike engine-, would the kit be ok to work with it (the other peripherals)? I basically want to have a motorcycle in a bicycle. This would be a summer project to build. I ride Kawi crotch rockets, but I want a bicycle with an easyrider look. I would cut that center area of the bike and make a flat/wide platform engine mount.

With my ideas I would like to be able to change gears and have a twisting/controllable incremental throttle. I would probably also widen the rear fork and tire slightly. This would be a pretty cool and expensive custom. I just don't want the easy way and have a pocket chopper, I want a bike I made mostly myself...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008

2. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

moved to "wild in the streets"...while you wait for input, kick back and read thru this section...when you find an interesting topic, "bump" it by replying and revive the discussion :)

also...we don't allow inline image display (because of our dial-up members)...when posting, go "advanced" and use the "manage attachments" paper-clip to use our hosting.

i think the bicycle is part of the "micargi" line and is web-searchable.
    shop around...you can buy engine-less kits from some suppliers :)

3. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

4. raceryan

raceryan New Member

thank you so much for your explanation... i will look through the forums:puke: