Bearings inside 50cc engine fell out

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by darkfighter, Jun 20, 2016.

1. darkfighter

darkfighter New Member

I built a bike with the Chinese 50cc engine kit, and all is well and running, except that the clutch stops working suddenly. When opening, I saw that half of the bearings inside the clutch were missing, and were causing the others to fall out into the clutch plate during operation. Is there a fix for this?

2. Jayroma

Jayroma New Member

Are you taking about the big gear that holds the clutch pads?

3. skyash

skyash Active Member

I think it's the hole lot of little ones be hind the clutch pads. Like the clutch shaft has come apart

4. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

I've taken one apart (many years ago to see what was in there) and pressed it back together again, and it worked well - took hours, so will not do that again with new ones at about $15.

5. darkfighter

darkfighter New Member

New ones from about $15? Where is the price so low? On ebay the assembly was near $45.

6. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

you only need the hub with bearings, rear plate, & large gear- pads and h/w that attach are reusable - a quick look at goggle shows folks selling the assembled clutch hub WITH a fresh set of pads for $20

7. Jayroma

Jayroma New Member

I apologized for not replying sooner, works been keeping me busy...... I had this same thing happen to me before, little balls went everywhere. I used grease to hold the bearings in there while I hammered it shut. I wish I could explain it better. As someone previously stated, you can buy a new one, but if you don't want to , you should be able to fix it. :) I don't know how much time you want to invest in fixing this, but ur more than welcome to send pics and Ill assist the best that I can.