Bearings inside 50cc engine fell out

darkfighter

Local time
10:16 AM
I built a bike with the Chinese 50cc engine kit, and all is well and running, except that the clutch stops working suddenly. When opening, I saw that half of the bearings inside the clutch were missing, and were causing the others to fall out into the clutch plate during operation. Is there a fix for this?

I think it's the hole lot of little ones be hind the clutch pads. Like the clutch shaft has come apart

I've taken one apart (many years ago to see what was in there) and pressed it back together again, and it worked well - took hours, so will not do that again with new ones at about $15.

New ones from about $15? Where is the price so low? On ebay the assembly was near $45.

you only need the hub with bearings, rear plate, & large gear- pads and h/w that attach are reusable - a quick look at goggle shows folks selling the assembled clutch hub WITH a fresh set of pads for $20

I apologized for not replying sooner, works been keeping me busy...... I had this same thing happen to me before, little balls went everywhere. I used grease to hold the bearings in there while I hammered it shut. I wish I could explain it better. As someone previously stated, you can buy a new one, but if you don't want to , you should be able to fix it. :) I don't know how much time you want to invest in fixing this, but ur more than welcome to send pics and Ill assist the best that I can.

Back