beginner indecision engine

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by Pombo2000, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Pombo2000

Pombo2000 New Member

sorry for my bad english i am italian.
    i very like mountain bike and i want engine on it
    i like banggood motor
    but I do not know how it behaves and what quality are the component

what are other engines we recommend to me ?
    I want an engine that can also find spare parts

i like grubee gt5a but it cost too mutch

This is the mountain bike where i want mount the engine:

but i can mount the engine on other bike?

2. Aligring

Aligring New Member

Ebay has these kits pretty cheap and their are tons of available spare parts you can get really easy and cheap. You might need to check the inner dimensions of that bike because you might not have enough room.
  3. Pombo2000

Pombo2000 New Member

thanks for your help which is the best motor between flying horse and sky hawk?
  4. Aligring

Aligring New Member

I'm not familiar with which one is better. Iv heard good things about both as well as disappointments. So ill let someone else that's more familiar answer that question. But Iv found out that if you keep these engines lubed well and your not riding them maxed out all day long, they last a long time. These engines have lasted me along time.
  5. Steve Best

Steve Best Active Member

Actually, I do run my Grubee Skyhawk maxed out "all day long". Old train tracks and woods trails at 50-60kph.
    About a dozen tanks of fuel through it. Holding up well even in spite of air filter failure and cylinder scratches early on.

6. bakaneko

bakaneko Active Member

Not sure if you have checked thoroughly but some EU countries have some pretty stringent laws regarding these things. I would double check to make sure before buying one or be confident in the area you are riding. Cheers
  7. Pombo2000

Pombo2000 New Member

i will buy banggod motor because i think these motor are all the same
    for the mixture i use 30ml of oil for 1 liter of petrol for first km. after i use 20ml of oil for 1 liter of petrol
    it is correct?
  8. Frankfort MB's

Frankfort MB's Well-Known Member

All these motors are not the same!!!
    Skyhawk motors are the best running and most quality out of all the bicycle engines
  9. FurryOnTheInside

FurryOnTheInside Active Member

I would kill for a Skyhawk.
    But I wouldn't quite pay for the transatlantic shipping.

I have no idea where to find a "good" engine in Europe. TransformerCycles in UK _claims_ to have a better engine but it is expensive. £200 instead of £70. I haven't heard from anyone who can make a comparison between it and the cheap ones.

My eBay engine is pretty horrible. It wasn't from banggood. It was auto_light_ch I think they are in Germany.
    So all I can say is auto_light_ch has some horrible ones.
    At least make sure that you get one with 8mm studs.
  10. Pombo2000

Pombo2000 New Member

11. FurryOnTheInside

From the Canadian site:

At this time we can only ship to Canada & the Continental US.

Get that engine if you can find someone who will ship it for you and if you can afford it. It will be a much better way to begin than using a cheap eBay engine.
    I can't recommend any specific engine, I have an eBay engine (bad) and I would prefer the one you found but I think the shipping to europe is too expensive.
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
  12. FurryOnTheInside

The bicycle you showed us might be too small. Look for one with a little more height in the seat tube part of the frame.
  13. Pombo2000

Pombo2000 New Member

thanks guys for the advice, i had contacted bicycle canada, they told me they do not send in Italy
    what is the best engine? what they sell on banggood or on ebay?

what is the best engine i can buy in europe?
    i want mount engine on a old mtb