Belt drive 2 stroke

combo

Local time
6:50 PM
Hi, I have a 2 stroke 80cc (66cc) motor mounted on my bicycle with chain drive. I was wondering if its possible to convert it to belt drive quite simply? I have a belt wheel for the rear wheel. Are there parts you can get on ebay for a conversion? It would be much more reliable.

Thanks

In short no.
If your chain is loud get it aligned better as the engine puts out more noise than a chain.

That's what I was going to try we sell them at my work every size under the sun and belts. I would like to have 2 on the back wheel with a derailer for 2 speeds.

That's what I was going to try we sell them at my work every size under the sun and belts. I would like to have 2 on the back wheel with a derailer for 2 speeds.
how much they sell for at your work? i think 30 euro is a bit steep but i bet local tractor supply place would have em , dunno about having a derailer tho just one is pretty wide and the angle change unless you had it rack mounted on a sliding rack

Look at a 2-stroke sprocket.
It's small and the axle has a pin sticking out.
A pulley like that would never fit under the cover let alone function properly.

Also, if you could fit a pulley in there you would want to use a toothed belt at least, thats what they use in 4G 4-stroke belt transfer cases, and remember you have still have to be able to start the bike with it!

Just saying this has been brought up tons of times over the years and it's always the same short answer I gave you.
In short, no.

I can see that there'd be problems but I don't see why it wouldn't work , could use a longer pin and space out the case , as for using a toothed belt sure it'd be better for not slipping but not essential .
The main problem I see is getting a small enough diameter pulley so less of the case will need to be ground

I can see that there'd be problems but I don't see why it wouldn't work , could use a longer pin and space out the case , as for using a toothed belt sure it'd be better for not slipping but not essential .
The main problem I see is getting a small enough diameter pulley so less of the case will need to be ground
Don't know why it wouldn't work, like you said get small enough pulleys. Not a 2 stroke man,but isn't that side cover just that a cover? Does it hold anything? You can get small pulleys here http://www.sdp-si.com/ .................Curt

Back