Exhaust Bending the exhaust pipe.

F

fetor56

People who want to bend their exhaust:
1.Place a large piece of wood in vice and screw the exhaust(via 2 existing holes) to a flat part of the wood.
2.Heat selected area to be bent with Bernz0matic until it's RED hot...CONTINUE to heat while bending.

ONLY bend a little at a time and test for correct clearance....this may take 2 or 3 or even 4 tries to get right but better to little bend than to much.
DON'T apply to much force,go easy. :)

Bernzomatic.jpg

I heard that when bending metal pipe. it is a good idea to put sand in it to make up for the empty space to prevent the pipe from collapsing or folding.

Jon

Bending exaust

Anyone figure out a good way of bending the exaust yet without breaking it or something. Put water in it and freeze it heat it up what?

I did this on a pocket bike tuned pipe, First clamped the pipe in a vice nice and tight, then used a brazing torch (A smaller blow torch would work, just would take longer) and heated the bend until it was red hot. Next using thick gloves, I applied force to the end of the pipe and in small steps kept bending it until it was in the right shape. It is important not to apply too much force onto weakness points though. Then I just let it cool naturally in the air. That sorted mine perfectly.

I've got this problem with my exhaust pipe too. It won't clear the pedals. I don't own a torch and I want an affordable one. Home Depot sells the BernzOmatic Butane Large Micro Torch for $25. Is it a good deal, and would it successfully heat the pipe?

I've got this problem with my exhaust pipe too. It won't clear the pedals. I don't own a torch and I want an affordable one. Home Depot sells the BernzOmatic Butane Large Micro Torch for $25. Is it a good deal, and would it successfully heat the pipe?
A Micro Torch won't be able to produce enough heat.Best u take your entire bike(if u can) to a car place that installs exhausts,or anyone with an oxy.
I don't recommend cold bending.

Back