Clutch Bent Clutch Shaft?

Rayde

Local time
9:56 PM
I've assembled and attempted to test ride an engine kit from Daemon bikes, and have found an issue.

The engine was *incredibly* hard to turn over. So much so, that it would stop the bike quickly from about 20km/h, when i would engage the clutch. Unable to use the pedals to turn over engine with clutch engaged, with rear axle in a stand.

I removed the clutch cover, to find that the clutch plate wobbles, as well as the clutch gear. There appears to be metal shavings on and around the gears, and it appears the edge of the teeth on the clutch gear are wearing. After removing the clutch plate, friction surface (gear with pads attached), and the sprocket, the clutch shaft is also very stiff turning, and has a slight wobble.

I'm thinking the shaft is bent, the bearings are bad, or both? Is the clutch shaft normally hard to turn, even with no sprocket/clutch gear/etc installed? I have the components removed so the bearings are visible.

I can provide pics tomorrow if necessary.

I would think that the clutch chaft shoudl be fairly easy to turn with the clutch and gears disconnected. it's not like you're trying to turn the crankshaft.
if i am guessing right, with the clutch and gear removed, the clutch shaft goes directly across the engine to the output gear on the left side. if you don't have the chain hooked up to the output gear, i would thin kthat turning the shaft would be fairly easy.
I have never had one apart in this fashion, so i really have no idea...i'm just making an educated guess.

Back