Best frames for small people?

Frankenstein

Deceased - Frankenstein 1991 - 2018
Local time
3:10 AM
Where the TV show forensic files is produced.
So as you could guess by the thread title, I fit smaller frames better, short legs, 5'6, even have small hands (but I like the feel of a big lover I mean lever in my fingers)

Now the issue is as the frame gets smaller so does the space for an engine. I'm looking for a new build, 2 stroke maybe 4, anyone of the smaller stature find a good frame that fits an engine with a jackshaft and also fits you?

I have a beautiful little Dawes Galaxy Cross (4130 cro-moly) as a guest bike for the coast path. Im not considering motorising it (yet), but it could fit a 2-stroke and shift kit easily. The first reason I am not going to be motorising it and using it myself is it's top tube length. Not it's seat tube length.
However the handlebar position that people choose for their motored bikes is often completely different from the usual way that cyclists/bike shops set up bicycles. Often the bar position on MBs is much further back than normal. I don't actually agree with it but it does show that no one can really predict what you would like. I can say that wheelbase affects the handling and high speed stability (longer is more stable) and the chainstay length has a big effect on the speed at which speed wobble can become a problem.

Last edited:
Short here too. I was always wondering if the various in frame gas tank and space available for a gas tank will fit 24" tires. I think its the extra 2" less and the seat post as low as possible will really help shorter folks. I mean when you dismount your bike you usually swing your leg over the back...

a layback seatpost will help
That's a good idea, I like making my own seats, my bowlegged stature goes better on a seat that's more saddle-like, my favorite by far is a piece of plywood, a leather purse (don't tell my wife,) and chair foam cushioning, held together with wood screws and staples. It's suspiciously comfortable to anyone who's sat on it.

Short here too. I was always wondering if the various in frame gas tank and space available for a gas tank will fit 24" tires. I think its the extra 2" less and the seat post as low as possible will really help shorter folks. I mean when you dismount your bike you usually swing your leg over the back...
I like to put a 24 in the rear and a 26 in the front of gas tank frames

Back