Best horn ever!

I have one of those. It is very loud! It was given to me. The PO had cut the air hose shorter to better fit his bike, and it leaks badly now. I have tried everything I can think of to splice the hose, including using a plastic ink tube out of a ball point pen as a splicer. The hose just tears open right where it slips over the tube. Reinforcing it with tape, silicone, Seal All, ect only slows down the tearing, it still tears over time.

I love the look of the Delta Airzound, but aren't sure if I can fit the bottle. My battery and headlight take up a lot of space. How long is the original hose? (I could possibly fit it under my engine.)

Gearnut, instead of splicing, is there any way to replace the whole hose?

I wish there were. The connection at the horn is deep inside of it. The whole assembly is either ultrasonically welded together or glued together. There is no way to split it open without messing it up. The fitting on the bottle cap is also a one time use device. I could break it open, but again, doing so would ruin it.

I do not know the exact length of the original hose, but looking at pictures, it is designed for the bottle to fit in a typical bottle holder on the down tube or seat tube and the horn to fit on the handlebars. I am guessing 1 meter?
My friend had his on a recumbent and this distance for him was less than 50cm.
He likes everything neat and tidy looking, hence his cutting the hose to shorten it.
The hose itself is made out of a strange silicone-ish material.

You Cant beat the simple Marine canned horn..I used the big ones for a while on my boat..The smaller ones are just as loud and last for a suprisingly long time..about 10 bucks and nothing to break on them..wrapped mine with a little black pipe insulation and zip tied to the handelbars..Good for sleeping cagers and has worked for me twice on big nasty dogs

dogs

hadn't thought about using it for dogs but great idea. Have a few that run the fences, and one day I'm sure one will get cocky and jump for it...

I'm with Aussie Steve concerning where to mount the tank!:( I checked Delta Cycle and Amazon.com and there are no specific specs concerning the air tank dimensions and attachment hardware,although of course it's mounted on the water bottle holes on pedal powered bikes. Has anyone mounted one of these on a Huffy Cranebrook or similar bicycle with a Grubbee 48cc 2 stroke frame mounted engine? Thanx for any specific info:)-Gearhead

Mine was simply a heavy duty water bottle looking container that I slipped into an insulated bottle sleeve to protect it from abrasions. It fits very well into the generic water bottle holder that I bought at my LBS for $1.50.

Back