Best Huangsheng49cc 4 stroke transmission?

Wolfie

Local time
3:30 AM
Hey Everybody, I've built 3 nice motorbikes now, and have gotten them to be very reliable aside from one key part - the transmission.

The transmission that came with my kit is only marked with an "XHD", and these tend to fail at ~ 100 miles or so (have gone through at least 6 of them now).

I tried an upgrade to a 4G Grubee belt-drive, only to find its fatal flaw - a one-way bearing that lasted all of 10 miles before failure. Junk!

Has anyone found a reliable transmission that works with the Huangsheng 49 cc 4 stroke?

Has anyone tried the Qmatic from EZ Motorbike? Is it easy enough to install and does it work with the centrifugal clutch?

Has anyone tried the no-name transmission from Kingmotorbike? What size rear sprocket did you use? Do you find the transmission reliable?http://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/49cc_4stroke_transmission.html

Would sure appreciate some sharing!

Last edited:
Wolfie, I was planning to get the Grubee SkyHawk 4G T-Belt Drive V-Mount Kit, With HuaSheng 49cc Engine from King. Is this XHD the same thing you ended up with in your kit from King?

You can weld that 4G's one-way bearing or disassemble it and fill it with JB weld. Several members have done either mod with success.

Not all 4Gs have that one-way bearing, either. You'd have to contact the seller to find out if it's a solid pulley model or one-way bearing equipped.
If it's for the "tapered shaft" Huasheng with built-in clutch, I believe all of those are one-way bearing models.

The Q-matic does not work with the "tapered shaft" engines, including the Titan. The gearbox you guys are looking at is the "pocketbike" transmission. Dax also sells one.
That gearbox has no provision for an internal idler, so the internal chains will get loose. The long-term reliability of that gearbox is still an open question.

Let me say this once. EZ motorbike

I'll say this, for the second time in this thread: The Q-Matic does not work with tapered shaft engines. :rolleyes:

Until EZ Motorbike figures out how to get one to work with tapered shaft engines, owners of those engines are out of luck.

I do have one of the gearboxes shown in the Kings ad. It came with the HS 5G kit I bought from Spookie Tooth, installed on a Schwinn Crusier and I've only put 40 miles on it but, works great so far. As to the 4G one-way bearing, I have mine on the work bench letting the JB Weld set up. More to follow on that.
Barry

Thanks for the reply Barry. What size sprocket do you make use of with the gearbox from Kings? I tried to make use of a 48-tooth, but found it too be too high of a gear ratio (I think.., meaning the engine revved too high and the bike went too slow). I just received a 36-tooth and plan to put it on today...

Anyway, what size rear sprocket are you using?

Barry,

Since that one-way bearing is still being sold with the kit from Kings, could you post some pictures of the bad bearing and how your fixing it with the JB Weld?

Dan

Back