Best Huangsheng49cc 4 stroke transmission?

My wonderful JB Weld fix has just failed me at the 30 mile mark. Just ordered a new one from Bicycle Engines and I plan on REALLY welding it as soon as it comes in..
Barry

Hi zwebx,

I have recently made several dozen Q-Matic drives to fit the tapered shaft motors.

We are currently shopping bids to have the parts made by one of our fabrication shops, however so far the price is too high.

The adapter consists of a special 5/8" shaft, a 1.375" X 5/8" bearing, and a bearing retainer plate.

Because of the time envolved in making the adapters, we can only make them on a limited basis. I had hoped to have them produced in quanities by now, just haven't received the right price yet.

I did want to stop making the adapters, however I guess I will continue to custom make them until we find the right vendor to take on the task. It will require at least a 1 week production time for each request for the adapter kit.

As many know the Q-Matic will act the same as a freewheel without the problematic device. The Max-Torque clutch has the ability to "freewheel" and provide "motor braking" at the same time. The bike's chain drive can be used at any time, motor running or not.

Have fun,

who do i have to chat to to find out about where to get the q-matic?

Hey zwebx. I bought mine from Terry Blow of BlowbyU: http://www.blowbyumotorizedbicycles.ca/200201.html Like I said before, its spendy - $315 or so. I ordered a few weeks ago and haven't yet received it due to the need for them to hand make the tapered-shaft adapter. I'll be sure to get back onto this string with an update once I get a trial-run in though...

Hi Everyone,

Almost finished with the Q-Matic drives for the tapered shaft, and will be shipping in the next few days. Had a small issue with my mill[broke a gear in my mill]and has put me behind about a week. All is well and production has already resumed.

I will attempt to post some pictures during the final assembly process of the crankshaft entension , Q-Matic drive with modified mounting holes, and the bearing carrier.

Have fun,

Quentin your the go to man when it comes to transmissions, nothing but raves have I read about your product. Somehow I feel guilty that i'm just a friction afectionado. But you have my respect and admiration with what your doing for the mab community.

Hi,

Thanks for the comments.

Here are a few pictures of the crankshaft extension kit and the additional support bearing to keep it in alignment.

The test motor [mock-up] is the HS 142 with the charging system and CDI ignition.

The Q-Matic had to be modified to fit the crankcase mounting pattern as the tapered shaft motor is different from the 5/8" shaft model.

Have fun,

Attachments

• MVC-626F.jpg
    MVC-626F.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,302
  • MVC-628F.jpg
    MVC-628F.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 928
  • MVC-629F.jpg
    MVC-629F.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 880
  • MVC-630F.jpg
    MVC-630F.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 880
  • MVC-635F.jpg
    MVC-635F.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 882
  • MVC-637F.jpg
    MVC-637F.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 887
  • MVC-639F.jpg
    MVC-639F.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 892
  • MVC-640F.jpg
    MVC-640F.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 884
  • MVC-643F.jpg
    MVC-643F.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 895
Last edited:
Great work, how much does that conversion cost?

Hi,

Thanks for the comments.

Here are a few pictures of the crankshaft extension kit and the additional support bearing to keep it in alignment.

The test motor [mock-up] is the HS 142 with the charging system and CDI ignition.

The Q-Matic had to be modified to fit the crankcase mounting pattern as the tapered shaft motor is different from the 5/8" shaft model.

Have fun,

Currently I have been charging $15.00 for the adapter [dealer cost], however I can't continue to spend several hours on each adapter. I was only charging the $15.00 to help with the testing prior to full production of the kit.

Best price so far is $15.00 [from several vendors] plus shipping, plus bearing & pulley . My hope of offering the kit for less than $20.00 isn't looking good at the moment.

We are still hoping a vendor or fabrication shop will make the parts for us at a lower price and start production.

We average about 3 to 4 calls per day requesting a fix for the tapered shaft motor, so we will continue to look for a reasonable price to help everyone get back on the road.

We are currently testing the new HS 144 motor [with the charging system] and hope to offer it in the future help add a good lighting system to motorbikes.

The next round of tapered shaft conversion kits will cost the dealer $20.00 each [not a bad price for approx 6 hours of labor]

Have fun,

I certainly hope the Qmatic adapter-supply issues get worked out, as I know I want another one for myself. Considering my exerience with all of the other options for trannys that will work with the 49cc Hua Sheng with tapered shaft, this is the only reasonable option that is available. Lee - I say charge what you need to - I think you deserve it.., and honestly, we're kinda screwed without it. You've got the only supply to meet this demand.

I just got my Qmatic installed on my bike, and I think its beautiful. Its better on both the low and high RPM-ranges than any other transmission I've used. Among my positive observations: Its truly a well-built quality product (refreshing after so much unbelievable junk), as quiet as the 4G, plenty of power at the low end to start from a stop, allows for more speed at the top end than any other option, and enhances safety by staying engaged at high speeds allowing for trany-assisted slow-down. Some overall adjustment was required for my setup, offered here as a shared learning: It is longer than the other available tranny's, so I had to adjust the motor mount to accomodate for it. And it requires a true #41 chain (not the #415H that I had. Note that #41 chains are wider than #415, and in my opinion, of generally better quality and more widely available as NAPA auto parts has it in stock).

Many thanks Lee. And again, instead of just stopping production, I hope you instead choose to charge what you should to make it worth the time and effort. After having to junk over 10 transmissions of 3 different styles, your Qmatic is the only thing that kept me from giving up on my motorized bicycle. I've got 2 bikes, so you'll see another order from me just as soon as I can get Terry Blow to invoice me for another ;)

Back