Best money spent

sboricic

Local time
11:31 PM
I've been riding now for 4-5 years now. I'd say the best money I've spent on something is a sprocket hub adapter. I was tired of changing spokes now and then. Usually twice a year, sometimes 3, when I started out riding.

I am lucky to have never experienced the pain of the rag joint since I bought the hub adapter right from the get go. Glad to see that was money well spent! For me the best item I have bought for my bike is a cross between a jackshaft and a center stand. The ~2.5 HP my 66cc gets is not any where as near as much of a shortcoming when facing extreme hills and off roading because of the jackshaft and the center stands makes rear brake, deralier, and clutch adjustments a breeze. My 7cc Fred Head is also an honorable mention as it provides me unlimited riding time via its massive cooling area and plus it just makes my engine bigger and better looking.

I would say a centrifugal clutch on my China girl. I never got the manual clutch set up right and probably damaged it. I rode in a lot of traffic light to traffic light conditions and the auto-clutch really helped there.
-Second best money I spent was probably ditching the rag joint for a disk-mount rear sprocket, similar to sboricic . It reduced vibration a lot.

I'd have to second the bigger and better looking engine comment, if all of life's upgrades could be that easy...

Best money spent would be a jackshaft, with that I never had any hill that I could not climb with a hundred pounds of groceries in a cart behind me.

Second best is the right oil, the cheap stuff let's your rings eat away at the chrome a lot faster, and everything else. Organic oils tend to get all sticky and block up holes and ports with gunk and carbon. I learned that the hard way. I don't know what is the best synthetic, everyone swears by something different but I use redline now.

Back