Best Motorized Bicycle Company?!?!

Discussion in 'Dealer Reviews' started by Lordbabypanda, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Lordbabypanda

Lordbabypanda New Member

Hello, my name is Paul Chu, and I been looking at all kinds of different motorized companies.

I first found out motorized bikes through youtube and then I ordered my first kit on Ebay... from a company in China... Needless to say I was somewhat unhappy because I have a hole in my motor.

I looked at many companies and the two I fine ok/the best are "Kingsmotor bikes" Or "Piston Bikes"

But I highly believe there are much better ones out there because their reviews aren't looking so great.

I'm sorry if I used the wrong Forum, I wish there was a Forum for the sellers/all different types of companies on this website.

Please help!

2. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

Though it's subjective, my vote for "the best engine kit" is a GEBE with a Japanese engine (Mitsubishi, Tanaka, Robin Subaru, Honda).It's expensive up front (cheaper in the long run), but as you have discovered if you buy cheap you're likely to buy cheap two or three times, replacing the cheap stuff, which would buy a GEBE.The engine is the heart of an MAB, as long as it keeps going the other stuff is easier to replace.
    Now dealing with the gatekeeper (Julia) can be a pain, but other than that GEBE gets my vote for best overall kit.

3. LR Jerry

LR Jerry Well-Known Member

I personally use Staton Inc. EZ Motorbikes is another good dealer. There's three building philosophies: 1) Spend the money for a high quality kit from the start ($500+). 2) Buy a cheap kit then spend the money to upgrade and rebuild it. 3) Buy a cheap kit ride it till it blows then replace it with another cheap kit.

4. dougsr.874

dougsr.874 Active Member

Do NOT buy from Kings.......a lesson I learned .....

5. Lordbabypanda

Lordbabypanda New Member

Thanks Dougsr. I'm sorry you got fooked by Kings motor.

Well... Sorry I need to rephrase what I was asking for, the best "engine kit" Yeah... Whoops...

I looked at GEBE, Staton Inc, and EZ Motorbikes. I'm pretty sure they'll good engines... but I just don't like having the engine on the back of my bike... I actually did quite some research all in to put the motor in the middle of my crusier bike. I never did any research on 4 strokes... I was going for 2 strokes.

So I guess, I'll rephrase my question again... *Bangs head on desk* I'm sorry, I sound like a total noob.

What is the best engine kit for a two stroke bike? I just don't want to put it on the bike of my back because I'm really not comfortable about that

6. IbedaYank

IbedaYank Member

buying a 2stroke ht/china doll from any vender is like gambling... sometimes you win and get a good one but most of the time you do not

7. Lordbabypanda

Lordbabypanda New Member

I brought my first one from China... and I got a hole in the motor....

8. LR Jerry

LR Jerry Well-Known Member

EZ Motorbikes has the mid frame mount kits you're after.

9. Lordbabypanda

Lordbabypanda New Member

10. Lordbabypanda

Lordbabypanda New Member

Oh goodness... I thought GEBE and Grubee were the same... I fail...

I actually like the GRUBEE GT5 Spyhawk motors, they look nice. But they're from Kings motors and Gasbike net and those reviews don't look so hot...

Does anyone know where I can get it at a trusted source?

11. grinningremlin

From what I can tell all these frame mounts are a crap shoot, "sick bike parts" posts here frequently and has some good deals.If you want reliability-longevity you want to put "looks" by the wayside and get a quality rackmount.If looks are part of it, figure out a way to hook up a Tanaka PF4000 or TC47 forced-fan-shroud and all, to a frame mount SBP drive kit and you'd be golden.

12. Lordbabypanda

Lordbabypanda New Member

Hello Grinningremlin and Jerry. I come back to ask for some help again, I decided to I want to buy an second motorized bicycle, I want to do an 4 stroke.

I trust thatsdax, and I feel comfortable with them. I was kinda lost that I would have to buy the friction drive kit and the engine separately?!?!?! So, do I buy, everything else separately from them too? They have a two stroke engine kit, but the four stroke engine kits doesn't tell me everything and I'm just confused. Helps please, and thanks!

13. Stoltzee

Stoltzee Member

Have a patch welded on the hole. lol

14. grinningremlin

For FD, you need the drive, the engine, a throttle cable and I believe that's it except for zipties and such.Make sure you get a good engine, better to get quality used than new cheap crap.May be out of your price range, but here's a plug for the kit and new engine I'm selling, I can throw in a throttle cable as well.Also another member is selling the same engine I am (RS EH035) for $225, an unbelievable deal, get a dax and that engine and you're gone.
    http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?41884-BMP-friction-drive-amp-BRAND-NEW-R-S-EHO35
    http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?42060-robin-subaru-eho35-brand-new

15. IbedaYank

IbedaYank Member

what good is a throttle cable without the throttle??
    and do not forget the killswitch

16. Lordbabypanda

Lordbabypanda New Member

I'm guessing an FD means friction drive. Wait... My brain kinda exploded... You're selling an Friction Drive with an engine with a throttle cable!!!! All for $225... That sounds really awesome!!! But at the same time, it seems too good to be true, hopefully I read it right.

IbedaYank has a point... O_O I knew something was missing, *cries in pillow* :sweatdrop:

17. grinningremlin

Sorry to confuse, my kit/engine (BMP FD drilled for optional jackshaft/EH035) is $420 shipped.
    The other member has the same model robin/subaru (engine only) for $225; they go for over $400 new.I don't know what a dax FD costs, but in concert with the EHO35 FD's are quiet and have very low frame vibro transfer.

18. Lordbabypanda

Lordbabypanda New Member

Hey Grinningremlin, I'm kinda confused still your "(BMP FD drilled for optional jackshaft/EH035) is $420 shipped" Is already sold? Or $420 is the amount of shipping because holy mother of cheese, where you live?!?! Or $420 is the whole engine/kit with shipping.

I'm sorry I don't understand well, I'll just turn into a retarded blonde.

19. grinningremlin

Still for sale.My kit is $420, shipped, meaning the engine/kit shipped to you for $420.

20. Lordbabypanda

Lordbabypanda New Member

Anyway, I would totally buy it Grinningremlin, but I'm an College student, and I'm poor broke.

If you decide to sell it, power to you. Thanks for everything man.