BGF headlight.

Interesting - blue and white is kinda odd. That would be across the entire magneto coil, which would be pretty high voltage.

Specifically talking Honda 50(although the principal probably applies to most 4-strokes):
The black kill switch wire is one thing...a wire to power an electrical system is another.
IF the black kill switch wire can be used to power an electrical system we don't know the voltage or current output,& how would u kill the engine(use the same wire for both)
I'm not aware of any OTHER wire that interupts spark generation.
To me BGF put that 4-stroke bit in there for better sales & i bet if u contact them they won't know how,or won't bother replying................pity.

PS,I'll ask the question anyway from BGF & see what they say.

Specifically talking Honda 50(although the principal probably applies to most 4-strokes):
The black kill switch wire is one thing...a wire to power an electrical system is another.
IF the black kill switch wire can be used to power an electrical system we don't know the voltage or current output,& how would u kill the engine(use the same wire for both)
I'm not aware of any OTHER wire that interupts spark generation.
To me BGF put that 4-stroke bit in there for better sales & i bet if u contact them they won't know how,or won't bother replying................pity.

PS,I'll ask the question anyway from BGF & see what they say.

I agree 100%.

I just tried this with a 12V LED connected to the black kill switch wire & it works fine with no apparent ill-effects....later today i'll start a thread with pics.
No reason why it can't work with the Hua(and others)
Dunno now how i'm gonna kill the engine cos i'm not overly keen using the same wire for both........ideas?

Here's an attempt to install the BGF LED light. The bracket supplied was too small for the handle bar tubing. The bracket had to be pinched with pliers to make the mounting nuts and bolts reach.

I'm not sure where it is intended to be attached to the bicycle or what kind of bicycle they had in mind. It is so small.

I connected it to the same white wire connection that my current lamp is connected (which on all the time). The were connected in parrellel.

After starting the motor, I switched on the LED there was a noticeable drop in RPM and miss firing. I took the bike for a ride and ran about 5,500+ rpm. After switching on the LED at that engine speed there was an evident drop in power.

I stopped and ran the RPM's up and observed both lamps. The standard bulb lamp dimmed considerably when the LED was switched on. The LED was much brighter than my standard lamp.

It is evident that the magneto doesn't put out enough juice for both these lamps to run at the same time.

I did not have a switch to turn off the regular bulb. The next experiment will be a toggle switch to alternate between the lamps to see which one is brighter.

Here are some pictures of my test installation and the standard bicycle lamp I run all the time. Sorry I couldn't get pictures of both the lamps turned on because I couldn't hold the throttle and snap the picture before the engine died.

What ever happened??? Did the light work well???...POPS

OK THEN!
Come on...Please ...1 of my MB Bro's in the great USA. please buy and try this peice of boy go junk! If it works and is as bright as what looked to be it would be really cheap lighting. I would try it in a country heartbeat BUT he don't sell that stuff to Canada??? I guess we only get to buy the real junk...POPS

Will report this weekend

POPS, it's been too cold here in Maryland to get the bike out. It's been down in the 30's for the last couple weeks. You all are probably still in the winter dark up North there and need the light, sorry.

I'm off work tomorrow so I'll try to get the BGF light hooked up by itself to see what kind of light it produces alone. The 6 volt 3 watt bulb unit that I had installed is not super bright and uses enough of the juice from the magneto there is not much left over for running the LED except at high RPM's.

This picture attached shows only the flash from the camera reflected not the LED running.

We will see what tomorrow brings. Stay warm and light a candle.

Attachments

• BGFLEDINST5.jpg
    BGFLEDINST5.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 451
POPS, it's been too cold here in Maryland to get the bike out. It's been down in the 30's for the last couple weeks. You all are probably still in the winter dark up North there and need the light, sorry.

I'm off work tomorrow so I'll try to get the BGF light hooked up by itself to see what kind of light it produces alone. The 6 volt 3 watt bulb unit that I had installed is not super bright and uses enough of the juice from the magneto there is not much left over for running the LED except at high RPM's.

This picture attached shows only the flash from the camera reflected not the LED running.

We will see what tomorrow brings. Stay warm and light a candle.

Ger
Patiently waiting by my candle...POPS

Back