Bicycle bags/panniers

Some good ideas being tossed around here, but I need to remind you guy's of a few things! One is that safety should come first, you need a thick backboard on a MB! You don't need anything finding your spokes on a MB!!! Can't say that enough!

As a MB'r, I wanted Cargo Cargo Cargo!!!

Here's a project that I undertook. Leather would be better but is heavy. You need a special sewing machine! I thought about just dunking these in used motor oil, washing in hot water to remove the excess. So what if they smell? So does the bike!!! LOL!

http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=28273

the Swedish med bags from Sportsman's Guide came today. They are really heavy duty and already coated in something to waterproof them, kinda like a rubber coating. The red cross emblem is just a patch, so that's coming off as well.

I'm going to modify them to hang on each side (they are designed to just hang over the fender). I've got a back rack that has side thingies to keep something like this from getting into the wheels

They are a little longer than I would have made them if I had built these from scratch, but for the price they are real nice.

Thanks Ted! I'd make some up, but don't stock them tho!!! LOL! Willing to help a Brother w/knowledge on making them just as quick also!

I've used mine several times this summer with great sucess!

Try hauling a case of beer with those Swiss Army bags! LOL! I did twice w/mine! Over a mile and the bags are no worse for wear! No smushing bread or rolls from the store any more! Check out that link I supplied above!

Though intended to hang from your handle bars, I found a way to hang one of these pantier style on my back tire. It collapses and bungies neatly to the side when not in use kind of like a top hat. While extended for use this baby will qualify you as a real nerd type. You know, the Harry Potter look. LOL I'm too old to care, Quite roomy too.
I wont post pictures unless requested. Too much trouble less someone is interested
Price is right too. My GEBE motor rig only allows one mount. Think how nerdy you could be if you hung these on both sides of the back wheel for $15.75.

http://www.meritline.com/special-canvas-bag-for-bicycle---p-30670.aspx

order two sets but they are fitted for english style fenders

there is a guy takes these bags, adds a couple straps, and turns around and sells them for $50 each: Swiss Ammo Bag

or you can buy TWO bags for the price of one of his, and add straps yourself...

For the ones you posted, I saw them before, but I kept reading the dimensions wrong-- the first dimensions they mention are for the compartments within each bag! I was like "wow, a saddle bag 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 x 9 1/2"h would look SILLY!" thanks for reposting them,forcing me to look at them again. I'm probably going to get the ones you posted!

LOOK HOW NARROW THE WEB IS BETWEEN THE BAGS. They wont fit my cruiser unless I add in a good 1 1/2 inch additional webbing

yodar

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
LOOK HOW NARROW THE WEB IS BETWEEN THE BAGS. They wont fit my cruiser unless I add in a good 1 1/2 inch additional webbing

yodar

I've already cut the bags apart so they are two separate bags

62931_472739791150_500921150_7222805_3350330_n.jpg

I'll be adding buckles and straps tomorrow so I can buckle them to the back rack

Back