Bicycle Cargo Trailer

Now trailers are my speciality; some might call me an authority on the subject!!!

I would go with the 20 inch because you can get a greater selection of tyres for the trailer. Considering that those trailers don't have suspension (unlike the wonderful BoB IBEX with it's suspended rear end) you really want the 20 incher because it allows the fitment of large 3 inch section balloon tyres, which can be run at low pressure to give some level of suspension effect.

I paid for the 20" trailer today

I paid for the 20" trailer today, after talking to the trailers manufacture, I was told the 20" trailer will accept a smaller 16" tire. and the 16" trailer has 1 1/2" less hauling space.
1 1/2" might not sound like much but it better to have than not to have .
I'll post updates no how well the trailer hold up. Thanks for all your input

Glad to see you got it ordered.
Sam can I borrow your trailer ;-)

Sure you can every 2ed Monday of the week, You know how I am about my MB, tools, and now trailer would not let god use them.
Ill give you my old homemade one it needs a lot of work though will cost more to fix then to just buy one.
That's why I just replaced it it's just to lite wait and flimsy aluminum is not the way to go with these trailers . But you are welcome to it or I might sell it for the aluminum I bet i could get $5-$100.00 for it lol

You know how I am about my MB, tools, and now trailer. I would not let god use them

I agree.

I no longer let "anyone" use my tools or gear. Every time i've lent out my stuff, it comes back broken, damaged or scratched and scuffed up, of which it must be replaced with a new and shiny item.
I take great pride in maintaining everything i have (including my lady friends) because i want them to work to perfection and operate flawlessly whenever their use is required.

I might attempt making one at some stage, throw an engine inside and happy days. Maybe a Honda GX100 or GX120 or something. Plenty of space for it

You forgot a few though

I agree.
I no longer let "anyone" use my tools or gear. Every time I've lent out my stuff, it comes back broken, damaged or scratched and scuffed up, of which it must be replaced with a new and shiny item.
I take great pride in maintaining everything i have (including my lady friends) because i want them to work to perfection and operate flawlessly whenever their use is required.

I agree.

Every time I've lent out my stuff, it comes back broken, damaged or scratched and scuffed up

That's if you are lucky enough to even get it back.
And then the same person that did the breaking, damaging, scratching, scuffing up and loosing ask to borrow something again and you say no, they get all ****ed off

So just get it over with and **** them off the first time they ask and tell them even if you were god I would not lend them to you.
Is the way I look at it.

I might attempt making one at some stage, throw an engine inside and happy days. Maybe a Honda GX100 or GX120 or something. Plenty of space for it
I thought about making a homemade trailer but I don't think I could build one for much less the $110.00 Sam paid .
just the 20" wheels would cost me $20.00 a wheel .

:giggle:

Last edited:
If you find an abandoned kid's bike in a deek or know someone who wants to get rid of one thats the 2 wheels sorted. I found a kids bike on the road here last year, but I went asking around if it belonged to one of the neighbours and it did. If I was a bit meaner it could have been a trailer now. I wouldn't chance putting an engine on a lot of the pre-built trailers, they look very light which is desireable if yer pedaling I suppose

Also interesting is the Dutch 'bakfiets' design. A bike or 2 with a mangled frame could be the start for making one of these. Ya just have to use the bits of scrap that life gives you

If you find an abandoned kid's bike in a deek or know someone who wants to get rid of one thats the 2 wheels sorted. I found a kids bike on the road here last year, but I went asking around if it belonged to one of the neighbours and it did. If I was a bit meaner it could have been a trailer now. I wouldn't chance putting an engine on a lot of the pre-built trailers, they look very light which is desireable if yer pedaling I suppose

Also interesting is the Dutch 'bakfiets' design. A bike or 2 with a mangled frame could be the start for making one of these. Ya just have to use the bits of scrap that life gives you

kids and riding bikes and playing outside is becoming a thing of the past,

Back