Bicycle Cargo Trailer

kids and riding bikes and playing outside is becoming a thing of the past,

Still plenty of people have them in the shed that they bought before the time of mass paedophile and kidnapper hysteria, parental overcautiousness, xboxes and ps3's, 'couch potato' lifestyle and social media addiction (and whatever else I feel is wrong with society at the present moment).

Still plenty of people have them in the shed that they bought before the time of mass paedophile and kidnapper hysteria, parental over cautiousness, xboxes and ps3's, 'couch potato' lifestyle and social media addiction (and whatever else I feel is wrong with society at the present moment).

I'm only 44 but you are so right when I was a kid you could not keep us in the house.
As far as bicycles being in the shed , I looked at garage sales for over 3 weeks and could not find a bicycle either they had none or wanted almost as much as a new one.
I live in a bad part of Dallas so I'm sure that has something to do with it most unused bikes here are either junk or stolen or sold .

I went to Sears and checked out Sam's trailer he got for $110.00 off ebay.
Sears wanted $169.99+ Tax's for the exact same BT, For $110.00/$170.00 I was thanking the bottom and side rails would be made of plastic but I was shocked to see there are all steel including the bottom and side rail, and they holds up to 180 pounds far more then any other BT I have ever seen, even at 2- 3 times the cost.
Sam well give it a good test, I thank it would hold a engine without a problem you might have to add some support but not a lot if any I'll be saving up to get me one next few months.

I got my trailer today got to say so far I'm so impressed was not expecting the quality it is for $110.00.
The side rails are not needed but are there just to protect the tires.
It has a solid reinforced sheet metal, bottom folds up real quick .
I can not even tell the trailer is back there, does not slow down my MB.
I haven't had but a few pounds in it (2 gallons of milk and a few groceries will post after i have a full lode .

BikeTrailer2.jpg

I got my trailer today got to say so far I'm so impressed was not expecting the quality it is for $110.00.
The side rails are not needed but are there just to protect the tires.
It has a solid reinforced sheet metal, bottom folds up real quick .
I can not even tell the trailer is back there, does not slow down my MB.
I haven't had but a few pounds in it (2 gallons of milk and a few groceries will post after i have a full lode .

Can't wait to see it keep us updated on how it holds up

I would go with the 20''. If nothing else, I think the 20'' looks a lot better.

I liked the 20" better as well FedEx delivered it yesterday .
Real easy to put together, all I had to do was add the wheels .
Folds up real easy and can not even tell it's back there

Sam, have you had a chance to ride it on a narrow road where one wheel is occasionally in the dirt/off the pavement?If so how did it feel/track?I still don't know if I should get the single wheel type.

Sam, have you had a chance to ride it on a narrow road where one wheel is occasionally in the dirt/off the pavement?If so how did it feel/track?I still don't know if I should get the single wheel type.

yes I have rides great, I have even had it on 100% grass and rides is real smooth like it's not even haven it there.
On the road and Grass even speed bumps ,No jumping around smooth turning .
I don't thank you could build one as good of quality for the $110.00 it would cost you more then $110.00 in time and labor.

The covers made out that man made fabric like outdoor chair cushions are made from, no zippers to break it Velcro's on.
the trailer side covers are attached to the trailer no loosing them and helps with keeping thing in . Unlike the 16" trailer

The top Cover fits real tight .
the 20" tires are well wort the extra $10.00 I also thank the cover you get is far better.
If you get on go with the 20".

What I don't like
The top cover should have 4 tie straps so you can tie the top down it fits real tight but just encase the straps would keep it from blowing off.

The fabric is not water proof .

should of had reflector on the back not just the sides
these thing I can fix myself.
Over all yes I would buy it again. and could not be any happier

Hey Sam. Now that you have it, I got a few questions. Is the hitch noisy? Have you tested to see what happens if it accidentally disconnects? (Some trailer tongues will immediately drive right into the spokes, like the Burley Nomad and Flatbed. Not good!) Last, if you take the cover off, can you load it with long things, like boards? That's a feature I'm looking for.

I keep looking at Surly trailers for hauling heavy stuff, but they are REALLY expensive, like, 8 hundred bucks or something with their fancy hitch! So I'm intrigued by your discovery. You may have found a really cheap alternative.

Have you tested to see what happens if it accidentally disconnects? (Some trailer tongues will immediately drive right into the spokes, like the Burley Nomad and Flatbed. Not good!).

Learn something new everyday, that's enough to make me do some serious research before I consider attaching one.Thanks for the heads-up.

Back