Bicycle Jet Engines for sale!!

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by andyinchville1, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

No thanks, do you have any idea how loud a pulse jet engine is? Even with earplugs, the noise will conduct to your ear drums via the bones in your face/head and cause hearing loss.

They are cool though and would make a nice engine for a replica V2 rocket.

2. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

**** Ya! make it in backpack form. Legal in ny because it's not afixed the vehicle

3. Chain theory

Chain theory Member

Seems a little out of balance. There needs to be one on both sides of the bike. lol

4. Smerf

Smerf New Member

I've been wanting to build one of these for a while. This would save me a lot of hassle... hmm, I wonder what my fiancee would say about that package showing up at the door?

5. softride

softride Member

Jet Engine

I am finding out from the builder some of the small details required to run it and then will be putting a bid in it will probably go on my stretched beach cruiser
    Royz

6. Softride you are the man!.....I can't wait for a review!!.. ;-)

Andrew

7. "overkill"

:That guy is sic, nuts , crazy, and totaly off his rocker.
    God love him.
    I wish I had the money that would be noce to have for"OVERKILL" :evil::evil::evil:":rolleyes

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  8. s_beaudry

s_beaudry Member

And who would be brave enough to hit the spark to ignite that rocket???

I am brave, but not that brave....

9. me me bravery has nothing to do with it . my resion is INSANITY:grin::grin:

10. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Yeah think about some of our members jerk neighbors that complain about small engine noise. This would drive people from a mile away nuts when its running. It is VERY cool though but I'd much rather attach it to a small and light go-kart of some kind.
    Remember every decibel higher is a DOUBLING of soundwaves. People on this forum who have tried out some 105db horns on this bike say they're too loud and make their ears ring. I wouldn't doubt this would destroy you're hearing even with full sound protection. you'd be lucky if prolonged exposure didn't give you IBS and make you sh*t yourself!
    I'd toole with it if it were free but I already have enough people who think I'm nuts for having a MAB.

11. Whats the fun if you cant anoy the nabors. Me I like to pull out the angel grinder at 6:00 am.I call it revenge for the all night partys.(college town):evil:

12. softride

softride Member

Jet

yes I am the man that just won that auction :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:
    :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:
    Royz

13. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Wear pants! I've seen what a happytime exhaust can do to your leg. I couldn't even imagine how much skin would instantly stick to this thing.

14. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Wear pants? Heck, wear diapers!

15. Chain theory

Chain theory Member

asbestos Depends.

16. loquin

loquin Active Member

half a gallon fuel per minute at full throttle...

(140 decibels is lightning strike at 50 feet loud... every three decibels doubles the sound pressure!)

17. softride

softride Member

Jet Engine

Its going to be a winter project
    I am going to do detailed build pix on the extended beach cruiser
    watch this space -------------------------------------------------->
    Royz

18. waylow

waylow Member

idiocracy

hahaha this is the coolest, stupidest thing that I have ever seen on two wheels! I love it!

19. softride

softride Member

jet engine

Heres what its going on
    http://cdn.overstock.com/images/products/L10749241.jpg
    I spoke to the jet builder really nice guy and he says its all really pretty straight forward even run it on regular gas the thought crossed my mind tonight that if one is cool two may be very HOT:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Royz