Bicycle Lighting and Electrical

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by ZnsaneRyder, Jan 2, 2009.

1. ZnsaneRyder

ZnsaneRyder Member

It would be really good to have a separate forum for bicycle lights, batteries, and other electrical add-ons to the bicycles.

There is a LOT of discussion in the General Forum about lights, or charging from the engine "white" wire, but also the topics of what kind of lights to use, and it would be great to have a dedicated forum for these important topics.

2. biken stins

biken stins Member

Good idea.
  3. ZnsaneRyder

ZnsaneRyder Member

It's not my idea first, but I feel the same way as others.

I have to give credit where it's due. SirJakesus made a thread in General Discussion and mentioned the idea!

4. Youngbird

Youngbird Member

I like the idea. There are threads all over the place about a good way to setup lighting....6v....12v....LED....etc. I'd like to see them all in one place for comparison if nothing else. Lets do it!:idea:
  5. Tom

Tom Active Member

Hmm, not a bad idea at all!

Ok, so it would be in the "Garage"... Why dont you guys get a list of a few topics that would be moved into this new section. If you can find enough topics, it might be worth creating.

Also, what would we call it? "Lighting and electrical"? What would the sub-title be?
  6. biken stins

biken stins Member

It would go well in the Garage & Tech section
    Motored Bike Electrics and Set Up
    Questions and answers, motorbike electrical systems. What works, what don't, How and why..
    Would be nice if SirJakesus, would jump in on this. He seems to have a way of getting information across.
  7. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

I believe Tom meant...... give him some links to existing threads that fit into this new category.

8. ZnsaneRyder

ZnsaneRyder Member

9. Tom

Tom Active Member

10. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

cool...if I run across anything related...I'll move it there.
  11. Lighting topic

Good Job Tom, I think that section will benefit many of the riders, we will NEED lights one day just to be on the streets, and the topic will make it so much nicer for everyone.

12. SirJakesus

SirJakesus Guest

Fantastic! Thanks MBCers. This will keep a lot of good threads on the subject from being buried and scattered about. I know in some states lights and a horn are required equipment so I believe this will be of great help to many. Daytime light use is known to make riding safer and its against the law to ride without front and rear lights during nighttime. If anything this will get people thinking about the topic more and we may make greater strides in equipping more MB's with powerful lighting systems.
  13. biken stins

biken stins Member

Way to go !
  14. augidog

augidog Banned

tom, and staff: you've all done a fine job with the place, and personally i appreciate your dedication to the original MBc tradition of placing the info first...yup, i lurk, and i like what i see :)

here's a classic...someone move it, please?

btw-this basic (drive-independant) SLA-based minimal setup still proves itself daily...once i have all the parts on hand, i can zip-tie one of these systems on almost any MB in about an hour...

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009