Big Engine Bicycle 79cc 4-stroke

has anyone tryed to frame mount it with the hs mount. might have to modify the holes to match up the the 2.5 from harbor frieght. also where did you get the clutch for it at.
thanks,
cody

has anyone tryed to frame mount it with the hs mount. might have to modify the holes to match up the the 2.5 from harbor frieght. also where did you get the clutch for it at.
thanks,
cody

Cody,

As far as the clutch goes, it uses a run of the mill 5/8" shaft centrifugal clutch available everywhere!

Try Northertools, they have very good prices and lots to choose from!

Steve

Cody,

As far as the clutch goes, it uses a run of the mill 5/8" shaft centrifugal clutch available everywhere!

Try Northertools, they have very good prices and lots to choose from!

Steve
You can also try gokartparts.com
They ship your entire order for 6.99 and have good prices.

I want to go get one of these 2.5 engines now....maybe build a trike with it....
I have been on the HF mailing list for a couple months and still haven't been mailed a 20% coupon....lame...

just checking. i dont want to get the wrong one. thats what i thought it would use. wow this could be a cheap build. $50 for a grubee mount. may have to make some mods to it or have my grandparents friend make me one in his shop and $26 for the clutch. 99 + mabey a discount of 20% or less.
under $200 for complete build. i already have the tank and sprocket from my 2 stroke. even if it didnt work to good its not like you spent your life savings. hopefully some1 trys to put it in the frame.
thanks,
cody

Do a search on the clutches being used. Znsane has had good luck with his extreme Clutch for about $50. I'd rather pay a bit extra for a rebuildable Clutch then the Northern Tools $30 which I think Znsane had some problems with.

I have been on the mailing list for Harbof Frieght for about 3 months also and have yet to see a 20% coupon. Google "Habor Freight Coupon Forum", there is a site with forum thread based Solely on updated HF Coupons and the 15-20%'s are posted all the time. I don't remember the last time i paid full price at Harbor freight and i go about once every 2 weeks. Also, your receipts form Harbor Freight have usable coupons on the bottom also.

yea ive learned to usually go pay alittle more and not get stuck with junk.
so 50 wouldnt be a problem since the engine is so cheap.

ive ben on there list for a couple months now. just a 10% off coupon. wow i never knew there was a forum for coupons. lol i saved a 20% off a single item. thanks Rgvkid that will come in handy. are you gonna get one for a rack mount

I started seeing the "20% off coupons" from the HB mailing list after a good 5 or 6 months after joining.

Be patient, and watch your emails.

Google "Habor Freight Coupon Forum", there is a site with forum thread based Solely on updated HF Coupons and the 15-20%'s are posted all the time.
Nice....just printed a coupon good until 5/31/09
Looks like i'm going shopping.
Thanks Rgvkid
Although...the fine print says it cannot be duplicated....including computer printouts....yet it has to be printed out...

Has anyone frame mounted this 2.5 yet?

Last edited:
I use computer print outs all the time. Those people are most likley only making minimum wage, i really don't think they give a sh**.

Last edited:
dose anyone know the dimensions on this motor. there arnt any on harbor freight and i dont think there are any on the product manual. i just skimmed through it.
thanks,
cody

Back