Big Problem - clutch

Jon Kimball

Local time
11:58 AM
I recently put a new woodruff key on the small gear because the last one sheared off. I thought I had fixed everything but when i went to put the cover of the front sprocket (the one the chain is on) the cover wouldnt settle on the mounts because the stud or whatever you wanna call it that goes into the little hole that engages and disengages the clutch was sticking out too far and it wont go in any more. So now my bike is stuck in gear and i dont know what to do. Any help would be appreciiated

thanks

it whould help others to know what kind of engine ect. your working with so we might be able to answer your questions!!

Its a cheapy from eBay, what is the star nut and where is it located? Is that the one on on the opposite side of the engine that goes on the clutch plate? If it is how would I adjust it to suit me, Right now i have it tighted as far as it will go because I took off the clutch plate when I had the woodruff key issue, should it be loser?

Loosened it and nothing, I even loosened it to the point where the plate was barely staying on and still nothing.

Any pointers? Im really stumped. I havent ridden in it weeks. To give you a prelude of what happened up to this, I had about 70 miles on it and then the key sheared. Took the gearbox apart, put it back together, now I have this problem. Sorry to pester, I am getting really frustrated.

Thanks in advance

Back