Big thank you!!!!!

Reaper

Local time
4:31 PM
Just wanted to give a shout out to all the senior troubleshooters out there for all the help you provide us noobies to motor biking, building kits, troubleshooting our builds and problems, and pointing us in the right direction for parts, stock or custom. You guys are the go to source of knowledge and tried and true expertise.
I am new to the hobby and have fallen in love with it. It's my zen therapy when all the shtf and I just need some me time with wind in my face and the scream of that motor. :)
I did my first build in August and used a lot of all you guys' knowledge to help me accomplish it. It had some flaws but they were quickly taken care of with what I learned on this forum.
As of late I had an ignition problem that due to your forum threads on magneto coils and cdi problems I was able to diagnose and find the problem. Btw it was a bad magneto coil. :/ But I ordered the part and boom chaka laka 3 days later my problem was fixed. Along with some great insight as to dumping the factory connectors for solid butt connectors or soldering and shrink wrap. Which btw I used butt connectors and low and behold I went from top speed of 27 to 32 mph with a lot better top end throttle response. Who knew lol. :) I put on about 20 miles today and enjoyed every minute of my ride.
Again thanks a lot to all you veteran bikers like GearNut, Big Red, Jaguar and Headsmess, just to name a few off the top of my head. All of you guys out there are very much appreciated.

Respectfully,
Reaper

I am new to the hobby and have fallen in love with it.

Just be careful that it doesn't become an evil monster of a hobby, because it may very well become a 10 trailer evil monster of a hobby:

dual_p11.jpg

dual_p12.jpg

wiring

I've never had a ploblem with the factory wiring. It's completely taped up into a loom/harness. Magneto can be epoxied for longevity, but i'll wind my own if it ever fails. Not going to keep buying a crappy product.

Last edited:
I spent 3 hours trying to start my bike a couple weeks ago after doing a mounting change which was kind of one of my own flawed plans. :( I had put some 1/8 soft rubber between my motor mounts and mount brackets to protect the paint and offer some isolation from the vibration of the motor. Little did I know until I started having a chain lock up problem that the rubber was actually doing the opposite it was allowing more vibration and also allowing the motor to torque somewhat sideways (screwing up my chain geometry). Well to make a long story short I took the rubber out of my mounts and a half link out of my chain and Yahtzee the lock up problem was solved. Anyhow after mounting the motor I started it up and rode it for maybe 5 minutes and the chain problem was fixed but the motor stopped running. I tried and tried to start it for like 3 hours peddling and peddling fast as I could checked things out one by one until I finally found I had no spark situation. Crazy noob anyhow. Lol :) Finally consulted the forum here and diagnosed the problem and bingo, bad coil. So ordered one from eBay along with a cdi just to have on hand in case. Got that in a few days, put the coil in, did some better wiring and happy, happy, joy, joy went out and rode about 20 miles. :) Life is good once again!!!!
P.S. Wish I had your patience, electron, to wind a coil. That's a little over my head.

That looks like a fun bike vacation. :) Plenty of room to store all of your gear. Lol

That looks like a fun bike vacation, Fabian. :) Plenty of room to store all of your gear. Lol

We are all still learning, no need to be sorry.
If u unwind a count the number of turns/"winds" and then rewind with quility enamelled copper wire, solder to the tabs (scrape off enamel at solder joints) and coat/seal with epoxy, etc (keeping the "grounding" surface exposed). I think u can do it! You would end up with a better product and added satisfaction. Rewind yr old one, you've got nothing to loose and at least u tried!

Back