Bigger sprockets?

Thanks a lot for all your help! I'm just curious, but is the 50th sprocket the biggest one out there?

Thanks!

54 & 60 tooth sprockets

http://www.bmikarts.com/shop/?shop=1&cart=465298&cat=1&itemid=1150&&thumbval=thumb&showFullImage=

http://www.bmikarts.com/shop/?shop=1&cart=465298&cat=1&itemid=723&&thumbval=thumb&showFullImage=

here's a couple big ones. both would take some work to mount. maybe the 60 tooth could bolt to your existing sprocket? might mess up your chain alignment?
60 tooth.....talk about climbing....you could prolly climb trees!!
Wheelies?...... anybody?..... I know Tom wants to do some wheelies!!

augidog said:
srdavo said:
60 tooth.....talk about climbing....you could prolly climb trees!!
yeah, but it would take all damn day :LOL:

oh you guys....and your need for speed! 8) I ride mostly in town & there's a lot of stop & go. I appreciate the extra take off ya get with bigger sprockets. I'd like to try a 60 tooth on my 55cc. it might only run 20mph but it'd get there quick. naaaa, cause then I'd wanna do some off-roading....& I don't heal up as quick as I used to.
Dave

don't get me wrong here...i have the 44th and won't be changing it, i know i can get another 5-10mph but i just don't need it, no matter how bad i might want it 8)

My kit came with a 44 and a 40 tooth. I installed the 44 and I'm not using the 40. I would be happy to trade my 40 for a 50 if anyone has one and would like to trade? :?

50 tooth is too slow and not worth the increase in stump pulling up steep hills at the expense of top speed.

A 48 tooth sprocket is your best bet. I live in Colorado at 7000 feet altitude. Every combustion engine (piston, jet, turbine) loses 3% horsepower for every 1000 foot increae in altitude. At my altitude, I'm losing 21% of the engine's power. I have found that a 48 tooth sprocket is all I need to climb even the steepest COLORADO hill with ease. I haven't found a hill yet that can't be tackled with a 48 tooth sprocket. A 50 is JUST TOO DARN slow for an 80cc engine that is slow revving to beign with.

BTW, I have climbed mountains with my bike and my 48 tooth sprocket took me all the way up to 12,000 feet in altitude with no problem.

LARGER SPROCKET

I have some 55T sprockets I need to get posted on the thatsdax.com website. Remind me to get them posted . Not sure of a price yet. I had them milled special on a water jet cutter. anyway..Remind me to get them posted.. Thanks...

HI All,
A friend of mine has a machine shop and can make ANY size sprocket for our bites (ready to bolt up using the standard 9 hole mounting plate). The sprockets are made out of heat treated 7075 T6 Aluminum for durability and is WAY lighter.....PM me if you are interested....He made me a 40 T sprocket with satin finish and lightening holes for $45.00 ( I tried the 36 T but it didn't pull hills well enough, and the 44 T was way too low a gear for me...I wanted a little speed too!)....
Andrew

Back