Bike and Van Collide, No Charges Filed...Shmuck News!

Discussion in 'Travelling, Commuting & Safety' started by bamabikeguy, Apr 20, 2007.

Have you ever cursed at a motorist ?

1. No, I smile and wish them a great day

2. Yes, and I even have creative examples

3. I don't vote in Polls, but lemme tell ya.........

0 vote(s)
  1. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

I am guilty of taking shortcuts.

However, I have more than 5,700 miles, can only remember ONE parking lot "incident", which I'll take the blame. No biggie.

And on the open road, I think the whole panorama has to be experienced, the main weapon is a decent mirror.

My only close call there was at an intersection in El Dorado Arkansas, MY RIGHT OF WAY on a right hand turn, but I saw the bastard in my mirror.

One hint about a mirror: If you are on the highway, see a vehicle appear, count "One Mississippi/Two Mississippi.......Eight M...." and the car/truck passes.

It turns into a habit, that counting, because if nothing happens in 10 Mississippi's the car is probably slowed down & watching you. I have had a lot of cars follow me for up to 5 minutes, usually waiting to see me climb some upcoming grade.

Tricycles should have flags, that should be obvious. But, I am guilty of sloth in the helmet department too. The trick to mid life crises is make a lot of noise, and know the neighborhoods....that will keep motorists alert.
    Can I hear an Amen?

2. bamabikeguy

Please Note: I bogused up the "Poll Question" right off the bat by voting NO.

I think Abby Hoffman said it first "Lie to Every Pollster".

In 1990 the US Census Bureau made an error and sent me the long "97 boxes to fill in" questionaire. I made over $100,000 and had no indoor plumbing, and Uncle Sam never asked me anything again.
  3. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

I most likely called them something like You knuckleheaded,.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2007
  4. I usualy curse at them with curses that would make the devil himself blush.
  5. Although, I am usualy at fault most of the time
  6. turbo/chaos

turbo/chaos Guest

this just proved my point that a person asked me

he said (what do you think of those lowprofile trikes)

well i told him um .......... ROAD KILL and here you have
    a news articual aboute it proving my brain dose work at times
  7. bamabikeguy

Even bigger schmuck news-

From FoxNews- Off topic maybe, but wheels/engine/wings and guns don't mix.

I guess he wasn't going to take any chances that simply crashing wouldn't do the job.
  8. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Wonders never cease on the new and improved idiots.