Bike Art

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bamabikeguy, Jul 23, 2007.

1. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

Insisting that my installs replace the rear wheels means I have all the old 16 gaugers laying around, so I put them on the fence.

Locals know where Rough Edge is, but out of towners can be told "when you see the bike wheels on a fence, you've passed my driveway"...

[​IMG]

I had all those reflectors too, I'm trying to get this contraption to spin in the breeze, (a work in progress). In testing at night, I'd wait around till I heard a car in the distance and "give it a whirl". 3 times out of 4 I heard the cars slow down as they approached this Unidentified Spinning Object.

[​IMG]

Traveling the country, you see one of a kind advertising, and if I can fill a quarter mile of fence with bike wheels, it should be unique enough.

[​IMG]

I can't weld very well, but was thinking you welders could probably take 10 or 20 wheels and somehow create a "sphere" of spokes.

Anybody else got any goofy ways of exhibiting their wares?

btw: our Governor had a "pray for rain" week, only gubbmint program I've seen work, nick of time too- the pasture would have died in another week.

With the quantity of goat manure I had waiting to be drenched, the pastures exploded like the desert a' bloomin'.

Had a few days of showers, too late for the crops, but Rough Edge had ZERO (less than 1/8th of an inch anyway) since February.

We could see rain a mile away, but it never hit us, and as you can tell, when this shower hit I was riding the bike, loving the wet effect.

2. spunout

spunout Member

yeah, that certainly is unique :lol: i like it. 8)

3. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

Sphere of spokes....hmmmmm?
    I like what you are doing with your wheels. I bet the reflected wheel really messes with the passersby. :lol:
    here's a thought....how about a small windmill attached to a belt drive to keep it spinning??

here's an oldie for ya----->

[​IMG]

http://www.motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=215

more on bike furniture here....thanks cookie
    http://www.bikefurniture.com/

and.....

[​IMG]

more "goofy stuff here....
    http://www.motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=154&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

4. bamabikeguy

Bad A R t ? Or cheap advertising?

What happens to insomniacs trying to clear space in the shop in the pre-dawn hours....

[​IMG]

Armed with a hacksaw, a beat up weed eater and a peice of junk bike.

[​IMG]

I put it in a "hollow", so cars can slow down and read at eye-level. I saw some brakelights as cars passed by.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

too cool! 8)

what is written on the sign?

6. bamabikeguy

:rolleyes: test

Attached Files:

7. I predict some **** fool trying to steal that.

8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

was gonna say...but i bet bama's got some sorta super-security goat...or maybe it's just an empty shell...

9. bamabikeguy

I kid you not, a youngen' with 2 hoop earings and a '86 Dodge van to trade wanted to know how much I wanted for the one hanging on the fence.

He was about to be walking for 2 months thanx to a judge.

Next piece de' resistance:

Attached Files:

10. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

yup, the administration (they think they're playing us) is playing right into our dastardly plan...to save the planet! hehe...just kidding, the planet is just fine...our environment, however...

bama...down the road a piece is about 100yards of bicycle art on a fence...i'm waiting for the chance to go by again and get you a pic for this thread.

11. Greenblazer

Greenblazer Guest

Bike art is way cool!

Later,

Allan Greenblazer

12. dude! you're green!

13. Greenblazer

Greenblazer Guest

I am, and you could be too.

Speaking of bike art... Bamabikeguy, ever heard of Burning Man? Lots of bike art there.

Later,

Allan Greenblazer

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2007
  14. bamabikeguy

Well, an errant Cheech and Chong fan stole "Big Bamboo" off the fence, made her into a collectors item. (pic 2)

I had worked hard to get my pair of ad goats in that B'ham News photo, and the guy perfectly centered it !!

I already started a "shame the thief campaign" (pic 3), which I will continue to milk in a couple of weeks $8 ads in the Shoppers Guide, shame the parents of the future felon as well.

The "art" will be easy to identify by the mother of the cockroach.

Time to put up some "Beware of the 4 Dogs" signs !

Security Goats are a sure loser !!

Attached Files:

15. bamabikeguy

Snipped from the SF Chronicle- a case of pre-mature conflagration this year