Bike back Tire won't move!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JakeBayCity, Aug 21, 2016.

1. JakeBayCity

JakeBayCity New Member

I'am very new to motorized biking yesterday I was riding and got home to find out when I stopped from riding that the bike would not move again (back tire) Usally I hit the clutch and It moves but now It won't react to the clutch although the clutch arm Id moving I keep hearing about this ball bearing that goes behind my rod inside my front sprocket in dont have one but It was working just fine without also when I move the bike the tire will spin about 1/10ths a revolution and the engine will make a noise any ideas on where to start?? Also my chain seems to not be greased but it is aligned and i cant even pedal the back because it wont react to the clutch thanks

2. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

open drive sprocket cover & clutch cover and look to see why/where spinning stops

3. JakeBayCity

JakeBayCity New Member

I opened the sprocket cover and the bikes chain will have slack when i push it forward but itll stop as the back tire moves forward itll stop as the chain tightens around the sprocket i have no clue also the engine is making a slight chugging noise when i push it forward

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  4. crassius

taking spark plug out will make it easier to see why it is stopping

5. JakeBayCity

JakeBayCity New Member

It still jams and their Is spark I have ignotion but the back tire is locked an the clutch isnt unlocking it as it should..

6. crassius

drive sprocket has a chain and a shaft - clutch has two parts and a shaft

you need to look there when moving bike and see where movement stops

7. JakeBayCity

JakeBayCity New Member

I dont know how or where to start with the clutch shaft can u send a pic or explain more but like I said actuator bearing Is missing from the sprocket can this be why it isnt reacting to clutch

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  8. FurryOnTheInside

FurryOnTheInside Active Member

Can YOU post a pic of each side with the covers off (nothing else off!)? And one of the clutch cam? ;)

The clutch SHOULD not work with the ball bearing missing. How it did used to work I cannot explain.. I have been trying to figure it out from just these two details, and I think it may kind-of work temporarily if the flower nut is way too far out (6mm+, right on the end of its threads) but we'll see what your pictures show.

Having no ball bearing would transfer the rotation to the bucking bar/clutch cam
    _and wear it away very quickly_.
    Once the cam is gone: no more seperation, so the clutch doesn't even kind-of function anymore.

If this is the case you would need to replace the clutch cam (might be easier to buy the whole cover/cam/arm assembly in one) and probably the bucking bar, and definitely get yourself a 6mm ball bearing. You will have to reset the clutch, with the flower nut in a normal position.

9. JakeBayCity

JakeBayCity New Member

The thing is dont know anything about replacing any of this or even where to start and it hardl makes sense to me let alone do it myself!

10. JakeBayCity

JakeBayCity New Member

So buy this and then install?

Attached Files:

11. JakeBayCity

JakeBayCity New Member

20160822_121139.jpg 20160822_121237.jpg

Attached Files:

12. FurryOnTheInside

We need pictures to confirm what is wrong and what you need.
    You can learn pretty much everything about these engines by reading the forum. I learned everything I know by reading the forum and looking at my engine. The clutch is really simple. There is a good diagram on the Grubee website, I don't have a link but it's easy to find in the instructions.

13. JakeBayCity

JakeBayCity New Member

Inside of Sprocket Cover

Attached Files:

14. FurryOnTheInside

Please put your bucking bar back in, just with the sprocket cover and clutch cover removed. We need to see the distance that the bucking bar protrudes, and the condition of the cam surface in another photo, close up as possible, with plenty of light. Also might just be interesting to see how far out the flower nut is (stick a toothpick in the centre and tell us how far til you get to the bottom) on the other side.

15. JakeBayCity

JakeBayCity New Member

I have posted photos refresh the page please also I do think I have the metalic ball bearing does it sit behind the cam shafy?

16. FurryOnTheInside

So far I'm guessing.
    I think you do not need a new sprocket cover though. Just cam, bucking bar and ball bearing.

17. JakeBayCity

JakeBayCity New Member

Heres a pic of the sprockets distance

Attached Files:

18. crassius

from pics, I'd guess the ball is still inside

19. FurryOnTheInside

It sits behind the bucking bar. It makes sense to have it. As I speculated the engine would need to be wrongly assembed to get it to do anything without the b.b.. My whole reply was based on the fact that you said no b.b. ! :rolleyes:
    There could still be damage to the cam surface. I have not been able to see that in the pictures.

We appear to be posting at the same time, lol.

20. JakeBayCity

JakeBayCity New Member

How would I go about replacing the ball I cant get it out lol