Bike having some problems.

How high could you possibly be in NJ???...lol...Your not gonna have a whole heck of any difference at all if your only at say 1000 ft or so.

You would have to be up near Montague to be at any height and at that the highest you may find in the whole state is 1800 ft.

Now as for me, I am at 4500 ft above sea level, and Zak is a little over an hour from me and he is about the same altitude...4500 ft make a difference...lol.
I mean there's definitely a difference. A go kart I built needs a jet change every time I go to race it in Pennsylvania. And for it's only an hour and 15 where I'm at. It's probably a difference between 4 and 2 strokes.

Also I went to the smallest jets in both main and pilot (#90 and #30) and it made no difference at all in my idling, but it sounds like it cleared up a bit on the top end, so I guess that's good, but I still need to lead into it rather than just full out WOT. That damn idling though it just makes no sense. No matter where the air ratio screw is, it won't start unless I choke it, even when I compensate for it by making it richer. But when I do get it started, with or without choke, it just starts to die out when I give it enough throttle to stay within the pilot's range and when the bike goes slow enough it starts to surge between going and cutting out which is really hard on my sprocket hub and I'm assuming my clutch pads.

I feel like I'm missing something because my engine slows down drastically when I'm using the break as if wheel controls the speed of the engine. I feel like it's not my jetting but something with clutch? Because I'm pretty sure it should go from running to surging that easily.

I could try and ask him if he’s around. But his jetting is going to be way different from mine since it’s says in his profile he lives in Florida and I live in a pretty high up place in Jersey.
That should give you a ball park figure. Pull the jets out and post a picture here and give us a measurement of the diameter. I have a bunch of different sized jets for a my cart, not sure where they're at right now or I'd measure them and let you know. I think the smallest one is a 75.

Back