Bike is blubbering and loses power

Discussion in 'Forum Help & Suggestions' started by Cameron mckay, Jun 16, 2016.

1. I live in apartments, bike has been covered but outside for the winter. Was heavily rained on twice without cover - inconsistant Washington weather! Drove to my new place, was just fine except for a bit of blubbering. Knew I needed to refill carb and treat gas to burn out possible water.

Today I did all that, started up fast, gave her a lil choke, did well up front. Started down the road, got up to 3rd gear when I noticed a funky sound and then my engine gave out. It doesn't die, it still idles, but when I throttle and let the clutch out it chokes and doesn't do anything. Sounds like it holds it's breath for a moment before it almost fully passes out. I turned it off for a moment, started it back up and it ran fine for a few moments before going back to same problem.

Not sure if water is in cylinder or maybe wet spark plugs or something else. It isn't fully consistent, because it'll ride fine for a min, but at some point it starts shitting out.

Wth do I do? @.@

2. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

clean out the carb, especially the main jet.
    I'll bet you aren't using a fuel filter

3. vawn

vawn New Member

ive had this problem for a while i think ive nerrowed it down to to cold of plug and my solder job on my coil wires