Bike mods this weekend

Discussion in 'Rack Mounted Engines' started by kerf, Apr 16, 2008.

1. kerf

kerf Guest

This weekend I began making some changes to the Staton box and the R460. The clutch shoes and retainer screws came at 5:30 this evening and we're back in one piece, what a difference. The bike pulls off with one half crank of the peddles as smooth and quite as a Vespa, to say I'm happy would be an understatement. This was time well spent.

I pulled my drive train down and bored the Staton box for the plugs that enable me to pull the engine without splitting the box. I also added about an ounce of 80 wt. gear oil to the gear grease and sealed the box with RTV. I installed a 16 tooth sprocket, new freewheel and new 410H chain in place of the #41 I was running, much quieter. I topped off my little rework with a set of 3750 rpm clutch springs. I went for a test drive and ran to 8475 rpm, 35 mph without a bead of sweat. Top end should be an honest 45 at 11k. Heading to the lake this weekend for some rural highway riding, can't wait.

2. kawasaki999

kawasaki999 Member

springs

Kerf I need to do the same to my 460, hate the clutch. Did you get the 20% lighter springs from daves? Do I need to buy new clutch shoes? The springs are on back order last time I checked. I would love to get my clutch to engage at 3750!