Bike rack for car

A

andy70ccc

Hey fellow motor bikers,

just wondering if anyone has a bike rack fitted to there car that can hold a bike with an engine.
Are some styles of bike racks better than others
i would be fitting it onto a small car (hyundi excel)

thanks in advance

I use my hitch mount all the time. In fact,I'm gonna use it in the morning. I'll take some pics. The secret in hanging your bike is use your noggin and get some bungie cords. Even those trunk mount racks if it was designed to hold two bikes it should hold one motored bike.
Watch out for cars,though. They won't be paying attention to the road.

I have a bell double bike rack. It holds it, but make sure the rack is tight and the bike is tied up good too.
Lars

Check out my pics. The one thing I do that really holds my bike tight is snugging up that crank behind the rack. Then I tie my bike lock under the rack. I tried,man and it won't come out if I were gonna steal my bike.
Then the hitch lock and I keep a bungie cord tight to my bumper so my bike don't sway left and right.
I have what you call a host home and I take care of a developmentally disabled man. When I take him to Day Program,I leave my truck there and ride off downtown. Later I come back,mount my bike then pick him up. It's a sweet deal.
Watch out too for your spark plug wire that your putting your rack ABOVE the wire. Putting your rack below the wire will guarantee you will lose your spark plug wire. It happened to me.
I cried.

Attachments

• Hitch.JPG
    Hitch.JPG
    190.3 KB · Views: 274
  • Lock.JPG
    Lock.JPG
    176.8 KB · Views: 283
  • pedal.JPG
    pedal.JPG
    191.7 KB · Views: 268
  • Rack.JPG
    Rack.JPG
    218.6 KB · Views: 302
  • wire.JPG
    wire.JPG
    190.5 KB · Views: 293
thanks for the pics it helps heaps to picture what it involves. ill have to grab myself one.
cheers

Back