Bike rider that's getting old and lazy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Wildbee, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Wildbee

Wildbee New Member

Hi everyone,

I've been riding bikes for 45+ years and I'm thinking that now is the time for the bike to do the work.

Haven't built anything yet, but I have a '59 schwinn canti that is screaming for something better.

I also have a serious need for speed, currently riding my single speed down not so pristine hills at 45-50+mph

All the posts I've read have been very enlightening, so with that I'm looking forward to building something akin to a board tracker that I can ride to work during the warmer months. WI is not the place to be riding bikes in the winter. But I do have studded tires for one of my MTBs that I ice ride with.

Like they always said it's not the destination but the road you took to get there. or something like that.

Thanks for letting me join this group and happy trails

2. Ludwig II

Ludwig II Member

I'm going powered (1kw is power?) because I'd like the convenience of a bicycle for short journeys but my knees and back have had it. I found a 33cc friction drive kit from Hong Kong that looks right enough for me.
  3. The_Aleman

The_Aleman Active Member

You want the bike to do the work and you have a need for speed? Sounds like you should get a motorcycle. Just my opinion.