Bike Running Horribly

• Thread starter Bike running horribly
  • Start date
image.jpeg
back when it was still slightly working I tried moving the c clip around but it didn't help at all the only thing I can think of is that maybe I need a new cdi because mine is frayed? I keep it in the middle usually when it was working I tried moving it toward the leaner side and that made it run worse the richer side didn't effect it too much either maybe the cdi has been fraying more and more and that's what's been slowly letting the bike die?

Last edited:
Sounds like a airleak.It's all trial and error, did you spray for airleaks around intake, base gasket, etc. with water in a spray bottle, or WD 40, or carbcleaner ? Once you get it all sorted out, there reliable if you do routine maintenance. No all you need is a new spark plug wire they screw on

Take a picture of the tip of the spark plug, I almost garrentee it's running rich... The bike would probably run better if you stop trying to make a problem out of small things. The carb looks fine, cap should be fine, and to get these things to start you have to slip the clutch since your bump starting the engine (to an extent), and the wire may need replacing but if it's still attached it should at least start (it's 7mm wire I use accel hitemp insulated wire seems to work better)
And get a spark plug NGK b6hs the last time I got some they were like 3 or 4$ it should make it run better

image.jpeg
Take a picture of the tip of the spark plug, I almost garrentee it's running rich... The bike would probably run better if you stop trying to make a problem out of small things. The carb looks fine, cap should be fine, and to get these things to start you have to slip the clutch since your bump starting the engine (to an extent), and the wire may need replacing but if it's still attached it should at least start (it's 7mm wire I use accel hitemp insulated wire seems to work better)
And get a spark plug NGK b6hs the last time I got some they were like 3 or 4$ it should make it run better
Well there's the picture I tried cleaning it off earlier to see if that would help but what do you mean about letting the clutch slip? The engine doesn't turn over when the clutch is loose

Back