Bike Sailing!!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by eastwoodo4, Mar 15, 2010.

1. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

2. Porkchop

Porkchop Member

Brings back memmories

When I was a kid back in the 60's, we had a military issue parachute that we held onto and let drag us around on our skate boards !

3. give me vtec

give me vtec Active Member

we used to do that with bed sheets and rollerblades. I wonder if it is a coincidence that we have all found each other here... you know, great minds think alike.

4. will_start

will_start Member

There's the flip side to that, which I always think after hearing this.and thats
    Fools Never Differ.

I am just learning to Kite Board, and was wondering how many times
    they get down a beach and have to pedal back into the wind.

:jester:

5. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Wow, talk about memories. I bought a reserve chute at the local army navy store too. Found an article in Popular Mechanix that showed how to make it fly by cutting 48 slits in it. It wouldn't lift me, so I conned my brother (about 8 yo) to grab the bridle. Gust of wind came along and took him about 50 ft. up. I didn't know he was afraid of heights. Maybe that's why he still hates my guts. :detective:

6. give me vtec

could be a start... poor kid. I bet he never forgot that.

7. give me vtec

6 in one, half a dozen in the other. You know what they say... there is a very fine line between genius and insanity.

8. I kite sailed as a kid. It worked fine 'till the wind direction changed with a gust and pulled me off the bike at about 20 mph.

9. eastwoodo4

eastwoodo4 Member

which is why i was thinking trike.

10. will_start

will_start Member

and why is it that the two seem to so often join together in the one person ?

think/google the movie's Shine & A Beautiful Life,
    both True Stories.

Mozart/VanGough/ShakeSpear/Dr Who/Mel Gibson/name an explorer, I could go on....
    and I'm way off topic.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2010