BIKE STAND

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yep, that 2nd one should be stable enough to start your bike in place.

61ryGNptYHL._SL1181_.jpg

Most everything I build these days doesn't need to be 'bump' started, pull start, electric start, or no starting required (electric) ;-}

Thanks KC. I was also thinking of getting one of these but it would buckle under the pressure also I wasn't sure how
far the wheel woud be off the ground

Thanks KC. I was also thinking of getting one of these but it would buckle under the pressure, also I wasn't sure how far the wheel woud be off the ground
It's the legs that buckle on cheapies, that looks like it has pretty beefy adjustable legs.

It's the legs that buckle on cheapies, that looks like it has pretty beefy adjustable legs.

Your probably right KC as it doesn't look a cheapo. but the price at nearly 50 smackers seems a bit steep.

Your probably right KC as it doesn't look a cheapo. but the price at nearly 50 smackers seems a bit steep.
Yep, things that actually work and last cost more to make, so will cost more to buy.

if you ever have to pedal home, you'll like the smaller front sprocket more

if you ever have to pedal home, you'll like the smaller front sprocket more
Thanks crassius. I'm going to mention about the Sprocket to someone who is going to take a look at it to see if he can help.

rgflynn,
I am currently using the M-Wave. Stability when adjusted to get one wheel off the ground is excellent. But, the plastic lower legs have no strength. The sort of force required to pedal start your engine will cause the stand to jump to the next lower screw detent. The lower legs seem to be composed of LDPE. Regrind at that. If one were to replace the lower legs as I am contemplating doing with aluminum replacements your requirements would most likely be fulfilled.
I just went and counted teeth on my new pedal sprocket 25 teeth and 21 tooth free wheel sprocket.
Keep us advised of your solution.
Regards,
Tom from Rubicon , WI USA

rgflynn,
I am currently using the M-Wave. Stability when adjusted to get one wheel off the ground is excellent. But, the plastic lower legs have no strength. The sort of force required to pedal start your engine will cause the stand to jump to the next lower screw detent. The lower legs seem to be composed of LDPE. Regrind at that. If one were to replace the lower legs as I am contemplating doing with aluminum replacements your requirements would most likely be fulfilled.
I just went and counted teeth on my new pedal sprocket 25 teeth and 21 tooth free wheel sprocket.
Keep us advised of your solution.
Regards,
Tom from Rubicon , WI USA

Back