Bike was running 1 month ago...now won't start...

how would I know if it was stuck?

I opened up the bowl and drained the fuel out...but it is apparent that no fuel is being taken out of there the bowl...

How do I fix it if it is stuck?

is the needle float just the thin flimsy crescent shaped metal thing that the fuel comes out on...and rest above the fuel bowl?

That is moving free.

The biggest problem is, I don't think gas is getting into the intake manifold.

What would cause this?

Chris

kamikazi_kostka said:
how would I know if it was stuck?

I opened up the bowl and drained the fuel out...but it is apparent that no fuel is being taken out of there the bowl...

How do I fix it if it is stuck?

ok.....fuel in the bowl means needle is not stuck. thats good
sounds to me, your clutch is working ok.

then what could be the problem?

Spark plug, magneto? Could fuel not be getting into the cylinder? What would cause this?

Thanks

the flimsy metal 1/2 moon thing holds the needle valve in place & tells the gas when to quit coming in to the bowl.
if no gas is going to your intake, then your jet could be clogged.

do you have spark?

how do I know if it is clogged? everytime I turn on the fuel valve, the bowl refills with gasoline, so I know it isn't fuel line related.

What would cause the rear wheel to lock though?

I don't even know if I have spark...how do I safely test for that?

Thanks,
Chris

back in this same thread, Bikeguy Joe tells you how to test for spark.

"First, take the plug out, and turn the engine over with the plug in the plug wire, and grounded to the engine, you should have spark. If you have spark, then you may have a fuel problem.....Make sure you have fuel flow to the carb. If you have a spark and fuel, then you may have a fouled plug (it will spark when out of the engine, but not under compression) Also, just because the plug sparks, doesn't mean it's not fouled.

One more thing- these Chinese engines have notoriously bad spark plugs....do yourself a favor, and buy a good name brand replacement (NGK, Bosh, Autolite, Champion)
Also, to check your spark, you may need a helper.....someone to walk the bike or turn the back wheel while you hold the plug to the cylinder head. "

If you've replaced the sparkplug, then you should have spark. but you should check anyway.

1.) Excessive carbon on the plug is from too much oil in the fuel/oil mix. That same carbon build up is on the piston too, if really excessive it could lock the piston but that would be extreme.
2.) From what you are explaining, the problem is not with the fuel/carb/ect.

Sounds like one of two things-the engine/piston is seized or locked up for some reason. Or... when you reassembled the clutch, you somehow got something out of whack and the whole mess is locked up. If it were just compression, it would turn over when you pop the clutch just like it always did.

When you have the plug out, does it turn?
If you leave the clutch engaged and rock the bike, does ANYTHING move?
Have you gone over your assembly steps to see if you put something together wrong? You may want to backtrack all you did to the clutch and see of the engine turns over.

Let me know what you find.

Back