Bike will not start. New (1 month)

thanks.. Demosthenese

you have me wondering.. i do not have the kill switch installed.. perhaps it wont start without it???

I will wire the kill switch in and give it a try... fingers crossed.. and ill have to try with button pressed in once too.. thanks and stay tuned!

Take that kill switch and throw it in the fire. :D

These Happy Times are the most simplest things ever. The only thing I see that would prevent your bike from ever starting meaning NOTHING not even an almost start would be electrical. Your magneto may in fact have been faulty. I mean look at it. Just some cheap solder on the connectors. This thing SCREAMS of some poor dude made 1/100th of a penny in China by putting this thing together. You may also have a rare occurance and your coil may have been out,but the magneto is more common.
When it comes to the fuel,hold down that primer/tickler/whatever you want to call it button for up to a minute to see if gas starts dripping off the float bowl. If it does then you have fuel flowing. Period. If it doesn't flow after a minute,then you found your problem. Fix it!
I say get with the vendor that sold you that magneto and see if he'll get you a replacement. Then go ahead and get another coil. I mean these parts won't exactly break the bank,and to me it would be worth getting Happy Time Happy Owner again.

Last edited by a moderator:
it might work if you wired in the kill switch, but if it does i think it'll be because you moved a short arround while doing it :p

it should go fine without the kill switch if it's going to go at all; all the k-s does is break the circuit when it's up. It's very unsofisticated.

I have figured it out! thanks to all of your help...

Guess what the culprit was! THE CLUTCH CABLE was just about 1/2inch to tight~

I loosened it up and the baby came right to life! like it should!~

Thank you.. this has taken me 2 weeks to figure out.. so I am dummy of the month!

I was just about to throw it in the fire.. ;) and now i can ride ride ride!

The engine seemed a little rough.. i think i am going to go back to the 2nd notch on the carb needle...

This is great.. and the kill switch shut the bike off perfect! im so happy .. happy time!

I love this forum! thank you.. did i say that .. thank you! i can ride all day sunday ;)

see you guys on the road soon... -nik

Last edited:
COOL. Just goes to show u that these forums are a wealth of knowledge, and you have to keep trying and sometimes just step back. I havent even recieved my engine yet, but the knowledge I have picked up here is amazing.
These guys are great.

Just got back from crusing.. what fun.. too bad the sun went down ;(

I am going to be busy tweaking soon! Thanks for the tip on the wiring..
I have wired the kill switch to the BLUE wire.. much better than putting it on the magneto! The bikes kill switch works great now.. bike shut right off. i hated to shut it off but was glad that it worked!

I have learned a lot from this whole experience and oddly enough i was at my wits end.. and finally sunshine!

Thanks ;) a 1/2 inch is a whole mile and a 1000 start attempts ! ;)

bsa.. I also was under the misconception of the "kill switch" I thought you pushed it to "ground out" the electrical system to kill spark to plug. I did not know you have to hold it to keep engine running.

If installed properly the kill switch will kill the engine if pushed. It should NOT have to be held in for engine to run. Mine sure don't.

Plug gap .030 carb seated ok? no intake leaks. Good idea shooting a blast of starting fluid while pedaling. If she fires, carb problem. I have gotten a junk carb before. No wires touching anything grounding it out? Magneto wire come loose inside the housing? Intake gasket open (didnt forget to cut it open, hole) same with exhaust gasket.

Back