Bike won't Pedal

macLovin

Local time
3:35 AM
Hey guys,
I have a question for all you experts out there. My rear tire wont roll at all, when in neutral. And it is extremley hard to pedal the bike. When I do get the pedals going, All I hear is the engine trying to kick on, Even when in neutral. I've heard about there being a metal ball in the center of the sprocket, behind the pin, but that isn't there. I believe that I have my clutch installed correctly, and everything else is installed correctly. Is this mysterious ball, I keep reading about, my problem or am I doing something wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thanks to everyone in advance.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I've heard about there being a metal ball in the center of the sprocket, behind the pin, but that isn't there. I believe that I have my clutch installed correctly, and everything else is installed correctly. Is this mysterious ball, I keep reading about, my problem .
Did you remove the dowel pin that the clutch arm pushes?

The ball bearing is behind that at the bottom of the tunnel
It is usually stuck in there with grease and I have to use a magnet on a rod to remove it but they can fall out
If the ball bearing is missing the clutch arm shaft won't even press on the end of the dowel pin as the ball bearing is about 5/16th inch in diameter

You can buy a replacement from ace hardware

But your clutch may also need adjusting

You probably have too much slack in the clutch cable and it is not disengaging when you pull the lever.

Im having the same issue, rather the clutch is engaged or not it sticks, i can literally feel it pushing the piston, ive tightened the chain and cable but its still having issues.

Back