Engine Trouble bike wont start

:poop::cry::sick: guess ur trying 2 say is your hearing is bad oh and ur eyes if u check to see if u have spark then u would know if the motor turns over or not. :unsure::geek::bowdown::giggle:

if the only means of turning the motor over (or trying to start it) is by peddling it or spinning the rear wheel, you will never see if it has spark if the clutch is slipping.
the crankshaft needs to be able to spin in order for the magneto to make spark. if the clutch is slipping, the crankshaft won't turn, which will not allow the magneto to spin and make spark.
if it has a pull starter then yes, you can pull it, which will turn the crankshaft, which will allow the magneto to spin and make spark.
what does my hearing and eyesight have to do with anything?
this isn't my engine, i'm just trying to help.

then that should tell [ busted crank ]
now what does it start yet did u fix the crank ?????????

geeeeze!!!!
all he has to do is pull the spark plug out and try to turn the engine sprocket by hand.
or a socket and ratchet on the magneto bolt (which is the crankshaft snout) will allow you to turn the engine over by hand.
if the engine turns by hand, i still say that the clutch is slipping bad.
a busted crank would have made a lot of noise, and the engine would have instantly locked up...he would have known if the crank broke last time he rode the bike.

Last edited:
Starting it.

geeeeze!!!!
all he has to do is pull the spark plug out and try to turn the engine sprocket my hand.
a socket and ratchet on the magneto bolt (which is the crankshaft snout) will allow you to turn the engine over by hand.
if the engine turns by hand, i still say that the clutch is slipping bad.
WOW Moto, Who are these guy's? BUSTED CRANK? WTF. The dude woulda heard a big ole CLANK ( or maybe a clunk) if he had busted a crank.
Big Red.

I have no idea but i don't think they have ever heard the saying K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid)

if the only means of turning the motor over (or trying to start it) is by peddling it or spinning the rear wheel, you will never see if it has spark if the clutch is slipping.
the crankshaft needs to be able to spin in order for the magneto to make spark. if the clutch is slipping, the crankshaft won't turn, which will not allow the magneto to spin and make spark.
if it has a pull starter then yes, you can pull it, which will turn the crankshaft, which will allow the magneto to spin and make spark.
what does my hearing and eyesight have to do with anything?
this isn't my engine, i'm just trying to help.

Try running a wire to your finger it only hurts if your good.

WOW Moto, Who are these guy's? BUSTED CRANK? WTF. The dude woulda heard a big ole CLANK ( or maybe a clunk) if he had busted a crank.
Big Red.

Hi, Big Red
Not to go off topic to much but I had a bike like that in your picture when I was 8 years old.
Trip out on this we were jumping the bikes and I did a flip in the air. Landed about 20 feet and went unconcious. The guys I was jumping with woke me up with some water and it went rite out of my chin I had a hole in my chin and the water leaked out.

Back