Billet 115cc HT

We have ran into a problem with cylinders liners, orginally the motor was designed to use a honeable liner for better ring sealing, but the set up cost to have liners machined for ports is out of reach from our start up budget. Is there anyother ideas out there for a process of lining the cylinder?

I saw the axle-snapping comment on the last page.
I reckon that with a 10HP engine, axle damage would be a distinct possibility.
Apart from potential axle breaking/bending with a standard single-speed setup, not sure about 10HP with a shift kit and normal bicycle drive-train, either. Rear freewheels, chains etc wouldn't last long.
(I'd love 10HP, but the bike wouldn't be so happy.)

I agree with Steve - 10 horsepower would most likely result in component failure of the bicycle running gear, and i'm not sure how the Shift Kit would cope with that level of power being forced through the system.

All i ask for is a good 5 horsepower with a flat torque curve starting from 2000 rpm with a 120cc engine that's been detuned to give exceptional low rpm torque through cylinder port timing optimised for those revs.

There is another issue and it's one of safety.
10 horsepower would make a pushbike capable of 60 miles an hour (100 km/h).

Now most of us are responsible people but you can guarantee that there will be some idiot or idiots who try to go 60 miles an hour on a pushbike and get themselves killed.

5 horsepower with a monster torque curve would be perfect!

Fabian

5hp should be no problem at all with an almost double displacement 10 was just a number we wanted to shoot for, and with proper port timing and a reed system the torque curve can be dialed in exactly, although I would like to see this motor to be able to spin 10k, all of which is very obtainable with enough reasearch and modeling.

Back