Bionx 36v 350W want more torque

Allanboyd3261

Local time
9:14 AM
Hi guys, I have done all the cheats or system upgrades to max it out in the controller. Is there anything else I can do? Adding another battery? I have a really big hill, steep grade. I can get up the hill but with quite a bit of effort on my part. Controller set at 4 and maxed out in the settings.
I know someone has a answer out there for me! Is it more volts and amps?
Thanks in advance!
Al.

The controller will only pass as much current as it can pass, and that's all you get. If the battery voltage is sagging enough under load to be the source of power restriction, then a stronger battery could help.

Higher voltage won't add low speed torque, only higher rpm and more torque at high speed where current would otherwise taper off.

Is your pedal gearing low enough for you to contribute effectively? When you pedal hard, you could easily put out more than 350W for at least a little while. So don't expect the motor alone to do a better job of hillclimbing than you do with just the pedals. You'll have to add your best effort to the motor's power to improve upon ordinary human performance.

Chalo

So, if I understand you correctly that's the best I can expect from this Bionx combination? There is nothing else I can do to improve the hill climbing performance? Would a smaller rim help? It's on a 700mm rim now on a hybrid Giant bike and I weigh 200 lbs.

The BionX kit is not easily modded, it is what it is .. ie : an " Assist " .. specially in a 700C wheel, using smaller diameter wheels at higher voltages will make a better hill climber for sure but since the BionX kit has the controller inside the motor it's not ideal for hot-rodding..

1 horsepower is equivalent to 746 watts.
you have less than a 1/2 horse motor
you want more power buy a bigger wattage motor.
Not trying to be a ..... but it can only make so much power and 350 watts is just not a very big motor
the ht china motors are 1.5 horse to 2.8 horses
think of it as trying to use a chainsaw motor in a topfuel dragster
yes with enough gearing it will move but it sure won't be fast but will use less fuel than a nitromethane burning supercharged 1500 horsepower fuel guzzler

Back