Bit by Dog today - called the law

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jacksbike, Aug 30, 2011.

1. jacksbike

jacksbike New Member

Finally got bit today by a dog. Funny thing is there is a big mans workshop, 18 wheeler rig, 4 trucks several cars and they send out some half wit lady to talk to me. - I said is there a man of the house here to talk to - she said no. So I guess they are all hiding behind her skirt. The law talked to the lady - of course the men were hiding.... anyways it is now on record ...

Attached Files:

2. fodhunter

fodhunter New Member

bit by dog

Rabies shot yet?
  3. concretepumper

concretepumper New Member

Time for a faster motor! :jester:
  4. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

were you wearing shorts or pants?
    looks like that dog has a pretty big mouth!
  5. 2strokepoke

2strokepoke Member

always carry a tire thumper/billy club/blackjack
  6. Sgt. Howard

Sgt. Howard Member

1911 .45 ACP hardball in M-7 rig- make sure you pack minimum of two extra mags. Anchor with common pistol belt and cover with fisherman's vest... hides nearly anything... make sure you can have a C&C where you live.
    Cop stopped me on the street 'cause he noticed the strap across my chest- I showed him the C&C, he checked it out it came back good. Cop asks me, "What are you afraid of?!?" I tell him, "Not a GD thing!!!"- he laughs.
    Blow a round to the ground in front of a dog- end of argument. Dog retreats trailing urine.
    the Old Sgt.
  7. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

Bites from dogs can be nasty, easily become infected , & SORE after a couple of days. I am not talking about ONLY Rabies. You need to see a Dr./clinic for your wound &&& to have a legal record of it in case a claim to their insurance company needs to be made.
  8. jacksbike

jacksbike New Member

Just wearing shorts. Lady actually came over to check to see I was ok. She said they (i guess the men that wont talk to me) are gonna fix up a fence. No infection set in but it is sore - more like a really bad noooogy. Like gettin poked with a screwdriver.... I didnt go to doctor - all it would do is take money out of my pocket (I guess unless it was a groin injury and a bunch of nurses had to inspect the area) .. and I would never get it back as it is a civil matter. I'm assuming if you beat someone over the head enough they finally learn to cage animals. Its not the animals fault - it is the ignorant owners. I guess I have to put them in check and treat the world like a prison block.
  9. Sgt. Howard

Sgt. Howard Member

I know recipies for dog...
  10. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

Sarge....I had German Shepard once..not bad. Anything taste good with the right kind of sauce
  11. MikeJ

MikeJ Member

Because this is a bike forum, I will condense a dog experience.

I reported a dog attack as soon as I could to the Humane Society. I gave them details. Evidently, the Society has some legal authority. The Society got a summons approved. The owner had to appear before a courtroom judge. The judge ordered owner to pay hospital costs of $500. Get rid of dog or else erect an 8 foot high fence around his property, and placed the owner on a one-year probation.

I second filing a legal claim, if nothing else to get it on record with the local police department just in case complications set in later. You may need that statement, though we all hope not.
  12. olow

olow Member

you kick a my dog
  13. DougC

DougC New Member

I carry a short whip and a quick-opening pocketknife. I bust them in the head if they threaten me. The pocketknife is "plan B" if they keep coming after the whip; doggy is getting cut. And I Don't Mean A Little.

I haven't had to use either so far; the usual places I go I know that the dogs running loose are friendly enough not to bite.

I don't dislike dogs particularly, but I don't feel the need to risk getting bit by one for basically no reason.
  14. Sgt. Howard

Sgt. Howard Member

Actually, you have to get face to face with the dog- grab the idiot by the throat and flip him on his back. Hold him there and growl at him until he tucks tail and wimpers... eventually he will. When he does, turn him loose. Problem solved. With long snouted dogs like German Shepards, grab the lower jaw and pin it to his chest. He can't bite you now. If he struggles, you can crush the jaw or dislocated it- either way he can't bite. Problem solved. And again, I know recipies for dog- try Thai peanut sauce on a slow roast of haunch with a light sprinkle of five spice- 350 degrees until no bleeding from the middle (cook like pork) basting every 30 minutes. Serve with stir-fry veggies and brown rice... and saki or your favorite pilsner, nothing heavy. I'm hungry now... here Fido, here boy...
    the Old ("burp") Sgt.:jester:
  15. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

Puppies of all breeds taste better but its harder to feed a crowd.
  16. hammer5312

hammer5312 Member

Actually sarge isn't too far from the truth. I have been told when the dog opens his mouth to bite you, thats when you put your fist in there.....not your hand but a fist, the figures out in a hurry that he can't close his mouth and will prolly cease and desist.

If that doesn't work....I suggest the .45....that sounds like that might work.
  17. Sgt. Howard

Sgt. Howard Member

I learned that at Ft. Benning
  18. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

How is your injury healing ??
  19. HseLoMein

HseLoMein Member

last time i didnt go see the doctor for a dog bite, my finger swoll to the size of an italian sausage and i almost lost it. Now its perma deformed but still works. so get it checked out. My doc said there was nothing i could have done to clean it as it was an puncture wound and the skin closed around the wound.
  20. RdKryton

RdKryton Active Member

I said once in another post, "carry a can of bee spray". It is not against the law and a dog will retreat rather quickly. So do punks if the need arises. That stuff really burns when you get hit in the face.