Blogging My Progress - First Build!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by nhfembiker, Jun 14, 2012.

1. nhfembiker

nhfembiker New Member

Hi everyone,

I have been a member on the forum for three years now.... basically lurking and reading as much as possible about getting started.

I am about to embark on my first build (finally) and have decided to keep track of my progress using the blog.

I would appreciate any input or suggestions along the way. Try not to make fun of me too much.... I'm a chick so mistakes will most likely happen :) .

Anyway.... here is my first entry:

I'm not sure of the exact day I am going to get started, but it will be after this weekend when I have a couple hours free. I will update as much as I can to talk about how the build is going and any issues I run into.

I have a Titan Trailblazer that I've been pedaling for years.... but I purchased a Schwinn to add a motor to.

With some gorgeous weather in the next few months (hopefully, there's been a lot of rain), I'm anxious to get out and ride!

Thanks, and I'm looking forward to some input and helpful support :)

2. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

Sounds like your looking for a simple kit? Check out or is a good site to. I perfer friction drive there simple and reliable. If you dont know how to work on engines i wouldn't vote for a chain drive. Flmotoredbikes has a good friction kit there around 500bucks though. Bumblebeebolton has a good friction kit also they go for about $249 and they are also very reliable. I think they are the easiest kit to install. theres one bolt! Fl motor bikes uses the honda engines they are good kits just a little bit more money.
    hope you find the kit your looking for!! Good luck!
  3. Anton

Anton Administrator Staff Member

Congrats on being the first blog poster! You beat me to it :)

For anyone else wanting to blog simply navigate to the Blog section and click "Create New Post".
  4. Richard H.

Richard H. Member

That's a Staton Inc and for less money for the real thing from the manufacturer rather than a reseller but if the OP wanted friction drive, they probably would have asked about that.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  5. nhfembiker

nhfembiker New Member

Thank you for the links, those are great sites. I thought I was sure about the kit I wanted, but now I'm not sure. There's a lot of options! Now I'm considering friction drive.