"blue oni" 70cc mtb super moto!

This is th' bike I wanted to do before th' 47cc schwinn spoiler ( zeus zangeitsu).....but th' charisma of da spoiler seduced me to commit it to da back burner. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid....!:rolleyes:

Attachments

• photo_0003.jpg
    photo_0003.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 870
  • photo_0002.jpg
    photo_0002.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 675
  • photo_0005.jpg
    photo_0005.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 1,067
  • photo_0010.jpg
    photo_0010.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 603
  • photo_0006.jpg
    photo_0006.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 585
Have to say I really like the look. I think its the color combos on certain parts...and love the number plates.

I liked photo No:11 best. The angled carb and sports type air cleaner definitely add to the competition racer styling. Lots of great details to Ooooo and Ahhh over too. :D

tensioners

the tensioner on the top puts quite a strain on the already mickey mouse output shaft,my neighbour wrecked his bike that way.the output shaft needs a pretty straight loose gravity feed.instead of it pulling up and trying to spin around the output sprocket.:eek:

dual-carb.......finally done.

Sorry for procrastinating..............this was th' "ace card" I had up my sleeve from th' beginning of this build. Just wanted to break-in th' engine first........not break it.:rolleyes: These first pics are "before and after" shots of what I used to make th' intake. A 49cc pocket bike exhaust.

Attachments

• photo_0001.jpg
    photo_0001.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 243
  • photo_0002.jpg
    photo_0002.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 251
  • photo_0009.jpg
    photo_0009.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 307
Hope this next upload works better.....

Attachments

• photo_0011.jpg
    photo_0011.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 286
  • photo_0012.jpg
    photo_0012.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 253
  • photo_0013.jpg
    photo_0013.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 264
The last photo was a modification (drilled hole) made to the v-stack to allow more venting for th' carbs float bowl oriface. Ordered another more open-style v-stack from daves motors. Last time I tried running the stock v-stack........it would run alittle , then cut out.I took it off.......and it would run perfectly!:confused: I had a spare open style ,put it on,.......... and THAT one worked.:D Also, the cd from cvs (local drug,corner store chain) is making uploading difficult today for aome reason.:???: Gotta get ready for work.....will post th' rest hopefully this afternoon. Sorry for making you wait further. Brian.

Oh....man....sitting on pins and needles for you to come back with a performance report!
Dis you stage the carbs to open at different throttle settings or are they synchronized to open at the same rate/same time?
Andrew

I think you did a fine job on your bike, love the color scheme. And the bars are sooooo cool. Looking at the engine pic, It looks like the engine was running lean, wrong color on the top of the piston. Make sure none of your fittings to the intake are leaking. I like the detail on the side of the engine, but you have to consider that you need good cooling. The fins on these engines are just adequate. Consider next time to make it like a scoop, IE more open at the front. Twin carbs! man is that thing going to be murder to tune. Consider having them open one after the other. We used to do that on our hot rods back in the day, that was how we still got good low end and all the extra punch at wide open throttle, remember a carb uses air flow to draw gas up from the float bowl all that extra venturi will slow the air flow down, the engine needs to be at high speed to use the extra flow. Have fun Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
andyinchville, I'd love to have th' secondary carb begin opening PROGRESSIVELY.........at 50-75% of th' primary carb's throttle opening. But, it was just simpler (and cheaper) to just use TWIN throttles. Usage is odd though......th' right throttle rotates backward....whilst th' left throttle rotates forward. Its weird......but, fun! Not too interested in ultimate speed right now (wink) just glad th' sucker is running decent.......although I'm sure I'm gonna beat on it anyway eventually.

Back