BMP kit is destroyed

masterx1234

Local time
1:39 PM
After three years of riding, my bmp kit has bitten the dust, sad to see the engine outlast the kit though, it happened yesterday 6/4/2011 while i was riding down the 4 lane traffic, all of a sudden a very loud noise comes from the clutch while i was going at full speed, all of a sudden it drags my tire down and i come to a sudden stop, the person behind me slammed on his brakes, i immediately pulled onto the sidewalk to get outta traffic, i tried to restart the engine but nothing would move, i pedaled the rest of the half mile back home, and took the engine off the kit to see what was going on, and to my surprise the clutch pads were all the way wore down to bare metal and were snapped of in two places (that explains the banging sound). the off balanced clutch has destroyed all the bearing on the bmp kit and several of those metal beads in the bearings had fallen out and now the clutch bell moves around when you hit it, i decided to scrap it at the recycling center and made about 35 bucks, im gonna go ahead and buy me a chain driven kit and im getting an auto chain tensioner off ebay. i will be posting pics of my new build on here

Sounds like it could have gotten dicey in traffic, glad you're okay.
The unit probably could have been rebuilt but seems like you got your use out of it and want to try something different anyway.

Three years of transport for china $'s ? That's great!

Major failure, IN traffic and no scrapes, cuts, scratches or ??? You are in a bonus round!

Hope you are able to get back in the saddle and on the road again quickly, a true White Knight in the battle against high fuel prices... :)
rc

corrected

Perhaps you are right, Happy Valley.
He did not specify origin of the engine component which caused the problem.
Thanks for catching my oversight!

'and took the engine off the kit to see what was going on, and to my surprise the clutch pads were all the way wore down to bare metal and were snapped of in two places (that explains the banging sound). the off balanced clutch has destroyed all the bearing on the bmp kit'.

Still hope yah get running again before you spend the price of replacement parts on fuel make the drive in an auto!

rc

the engine was a 52cc monsterscooter engine, yea i probably should of replaced the clutch shoes, kinda my fault, but im ok

Of course its your fault. I'm glad you remind me to check clutch shoes as those squeak from time to time. You need to pedal more - it's bicycle.

Honda GX35 if pretty fast so I can imagine beating on that metal-toy by 52cc 2stroke. 4HP?

You, Sir, need motorbike.

The channel is the key to that bmp kit, every thing else can be replaced relatively cheap.

Back