Engine Trouble bogging and other random stuff

Auron

Local time
3:14 PM
so about a week ago i was running my bike still in the break-in stage 10 minutes at a time with 30 minutes of cooldown

everything was good an ran pretty smoothly with no signs of problems until i flipped it to work on the coaster hub, after that i started having problems with bogging at low throttle and sometimes the bike starts reving to full speed out of nowhere

tried to move the c-clip so i could lean out the air to fuel mixture but was having a hard time getting it to move and left it alone since i didn't want to break the dammed thing

i suspected an air leak so i sprayed WD-40 all over the engine, manifold, and carb while idling with no reving, anyone with experience have any idea what could be happening here

hmm you know it did look like there was some damage to the throttle cable housing when it first got shipped didn't think much of it since it seemed to work without any problems, i'll check that out, dont know about the low throttle bogging though, how would be related to the throttle cable

possibly not, but one must fix each thing one at a time

the 2 rules of MAB are:

don't get in a hurry

don't get lazy

good advice ill keep that mantra in mind, so i carefully checked the cable and it doesn't seem to be getting snagged globed on some axle grease just to be sure, also adjusted the c-clip in all 4 settings with no real improvement, still feels like its lacking some power, later on today ill try to check for air leaks again this time using some computer cleaning compressed air, that wd40 was mostly all liquid

I prefer spraying water to look for air leaks - you might want to run it a while then also look for oil seepage along case seams and head gasket.

i think i found the problem, the gasket looked pretty shabby so i did away with it and used a coat of shelack, worked like a dream and gave my engine back its power

I usually soak the intake gaskets in oil before fitting them on, same with base gaskets.

Back